Monday, March 28, 2011

Chicken Bow-Tie Pasta Salad

This concludes my seven days of recipes! Today's selection can be used as an entree or side dish. I first had this last year at my neighbor Jenn's house when her friend Alycia brought it for our scrapbooking lunch. It was soooo good -- I'd meant to email Alycia about the recipe then, but didn't end up doing so until she made it again when I went over there this past Friday. The tricky part about this one was that she didn't give exact measurements (because she just eyeballs it)! So, I gave it two stars on prep time, but four stars on easy-to-make, and mine came out as good as her's (even Joe and Logan loved it - in fact, they both said THIS was their favorite of the seven recipes - see pics below - and I agree) so four stars on flavor, too!Chicken Bow-Tie Pasta Salad

Ingredients:

*Grilled chicken breasts, cut into cubes (A similar recipe online said 4 cups of cubed chicken)

*Bow-Tie pasta noodles, cooked (the similar recipe online said a 16 oz box)

*Sliced grapes (Alycia used just purple grapes -- I'm guessing 2 cups. The similar recipe online called for 1 1/2 cups halved red grapes and 1 1/2 cups halved green grapes.)

*Chopped green onions (the similar recipe online said 1/2 cup)

*Coleslaw salad dressing mixed with a little milk and mayo (the similar recipe online called for a 16 oz. bottle Kraft Coleslaw Dressing and 1/2 cup of mayo and 1/2 cup milk)

*Salt and Pepper to taste (the similar recipe online said 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper)

Directions:

Mix pasta, chicken, grapes, green onions, dressing, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate and serve cold. May add cashews before eating (the similar recipe online said 2 cups of cashew halves but I opted not to include them when I made it). Enjoy! (Notice in these pictures, Logan and Joe are eating in the wrong bowls!)P.S. The difference of the "similar recipe online" was that it also called for 2 cups thinly sliced celery, 2 five ounce cans of water chestnuts (drained and quartered), and 2 cups dried cranberries (the cranberries are to be added with the cashews just before eating). So if you like those ingredients then go for it!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so good. I love pasta salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to come back and tell you that I think a friend and I are going to be making this pasta salad for her husband's 40th birthday party.

    ReplyDelete