Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Deluxe Ham Omelet

This is the second day of my week-of-recipes!

I LOVE omelets but I hardly ever get to eat them because I have never made one in my life -- that is, until this week! I selected the Deluxe Ham Omelet from my cookbook: The Complete Guide To Country Cooking. I thought it was going to be hard but it wasn't at all -- so I made it two days in a row! Four out of four stars on flavor and easy to make, three out of four stars on prep time.

Ingredients:

3 eggs
2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
2 tablespoons snipped chives
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper (this means regular/black pepper)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil, butter, or margarine
1/2 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
2 tablespoons chopped tomato
2 fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:

In a small bowl, beat the eggs, cream, chives, garlic salt, and pepper. Heat oil in a 10-in nonstick skillet over medium heat; add egg mixture.
(Above is Day One; below is Day Two. The first day I put the green peppers in instead of the black pepper -- I put the black pepper in later where the green peppers should have gone. It was still really good, gave it more of a kick, but I wanted to follow the directions the second day, haha.)
As the eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Sprinkle with ham, green pepper, tomato, and mushrooms. When eggs are set, remove from the heat; fold omelet in half. Sprinkle with cheeses; cover 1-2 minutes or until melted. Yield: 1-2 servings.
This was Day One -- I put the cheese on before I folded it
Here's what it looked like on Day Two when I followed the directions:
I found Day Two to be greasier so next time I will just spray the pan with Pam Cooking Spray and see if that works good enough, rather than the tablespoon of oil. But, as you can see Joe, Logan, and I still enjoyed it very much!!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Awe! So cute. My kids wouldn't eat all those veggies :( The omelet looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete