Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Finnish Pancakes

On my old blog, I featured recipes in only six of my posts (Ice Cream Oreo Dessert, Peanut Butter Chips Brownie Cups, Cheesy Potato Casserole, Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins, Organic Lasagna, and several pumpkin recipes). My goal is to do it more often on this blog as motivation to do more homemade cooking :-) So, for this next week, I will be posting recipes for seven days, and then I will return to my "regular" posts.

I will start with a breakfast recipe, given to me by my stepsister a few years ago: The Finnish Pancake. This is not only yummy and super easy -- but also very quick! (I give it four out of four stars in all three categories.) It's a great idea for if you have visitors at your house in the morning.

Mix the following into a bowl:

1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup milk
4 eggs
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter (I thought it was a bit too much so next time I will use less, but if you like butter then go for it)

In a 9x13 pan, add contents of the bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon (more evenly than me, haha).
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. (I probably could have even gone a little over this.)
Enjoy!*UPDATE: Add powdered sugar on the top and it is scrumptious! I don't know if my stepsister did when she made this for me 5 years ago, but I thought I remembered an additional sweet flavor to it and so I gave the powdered sugar a try when I had the leftovers and it made the Finnish Pancake complete/perfect! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm going to go along with your recipe posts and make them (as long as they're not too complicated) This one looks good! I think I might try some experimenting, however, and substitute the sugar for mashed up banana and lower the milk amount to make up for the extra moisture from the banana. I'll let you know how it turns out! Oh, and I'll probably use whole wheat flour too...again, we'll see how this tastes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds fun! You are brave! Let me know how it goes - if it's good then I'll try your version next time :-)

    ReplyDelete