Friday, March 18, 2011

Breaking News: The Name

In my post about baby #2 being a girl I mentioned that Joe hadn't completely agreed on my name for her. So, we tossed around other names but we've been cringing at each others' suggestions. Last night I said, "Why can't it be as easy as it was with Logan?" His name came to me at the beginning of my pregnancy and Joe & I both KNEW it was THE ONE.

I found it odd that I couldn't even get on board with my previous favorite girls' names -- since names were practically a hobby of mine when I was a little girl. I used to make lists several times a year of girls names that I liked, and rated them. As a writer, I still have a ton of names written down for book characters. But even names I like, just haven't fit for my daughter.

I started thinking about how I believe some things are a clean slate for us and others are already decided. It would seem that her name is one of those things that is already written in history. So before bed last night I said, "Tell me what it is, please!"

And then a name I have never heard of popped in my head. I said it out loud and Joe said, "Yes."

It is the perfect compromise! Despite it being practically made up (although it's not -- we've found it on "name websites" as well as other people with it through google) it is a much simpler name than Kristana or Kristanna or Kristiana -- which are the three names I've wanted to name my daughter the past several years, yet it is still a form of Kris which was the main thing. Both of us LOVE it (I've decided I actually like it better than those other three names) and so instead of what I said in my October post, Timing Is Everything, the name we decided last night is THE ONE.

What is it? I'm not telling until the baby is here. :p But we've already started calling her by "the name," so it's set! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Really?!?!? You're not going to tell us??? I don't think I can wait 4 more months to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After all that teasing, I can't believe you didn't share it. Glad you were able to find a name you both loved.

    ReplyDelete