Monday, October 4, 2010

#3: Timing is Everything

This month I started using my ovulation predictor test on Day 12 and today I got the positive result (Monday, October 4 -- Day 17, just like last month)! Ironically, this is my favorite date of the year. Sometime when I was a child I decided that autumn was my favorite season and also picked my favorite day which pleased my maternal grandmother since it was her anniversary with my grandpa! When it came time to plan my wedding I was excited that Oct. 4th was on a Saturday in 2003, but for practical reasons we chose April 26th instead.

So, it would be neat if I got pregnant today. . .but I am not feeling optimistic this month.

The reason is, I went to the dermatologist on Friday, October 1st because I had an infection in my chin and he took a bacteria culture that will be back between this Wed and Fri, letting us know whether it's in my entire body. If it's just in my chin that is okay -- I'm on antibiotics that are 100% safe for conception (explained by him and then confirmed by my OBGYN who I called), but an infection in my entire body would not be safe for the baby, nor would the antibiotics that I'd need to go on for that. So then I should wait until it's out of my system before Joe and I try for baby #2.

I wish that I would have gotten the results before I ovulated, but that was not the case. So, we decided to make conception even more miraculous than it already is. We "did it" today but are literally only giving it ONE shot because that way if God really wants it to happen then it can, but if it's not best for my new child, Logan, Joe, me and all of us together, then it won't happen just like it didn't last month.

After my dermatologist appointment, we thought about not trying at all this month since we're not desperate yet, but then we'd have the decision in November whether to let go of our "September or October plan -- or else not again until the spring." Joe thinks we might as well let that plan go and keep trying until it happens in case it does take awhile. I'll make that decision after our Chicago trip.

Right now I am watching Lifetime Movie Network and saw the name Kristanna in the opening of the movie that is on. I've always wanted to name my daughter a form of Kris, but all of the common names are too common. For the past few years I've toyed with Kris-tee-awna but often feel that is too uncommon. But I LOVE the name Kristanna! Maybe the timing of seeing that name tonight is just a coincidence, but most of you know how the name "Logan" came to me and kept shouting at me during the week that I was pregnant but didn't know it yet. So, when I found out I was pregnant I believed right away that it was a boy and that he'd told me his name the week before! I don't think it's the same thing, but whenever I do get pregnant now, our girl's name pick will be Kristanna!!! (Here is the actress).

No comments:

Post a Comment