Saturday, September 18, 2010

#2: First Try = Nay

I guess Labor Day (and Drew Barrymore, haha) weren't lucky for me this year. This afternoon I started my period.

It's crazy that we did exactly what we were supposed to at the right time and it didn't happen. We know we don't have a fertility problem since we got pregnant with Logan, but there are many couples who easily have one and then have a hard time with their next. I hope that won't be our situation.

Maybe it's because we you know before I got the positive result on the ovulation predictor test (meaning, too early). Or, because we did it three days in a row (a man is actually supposed to wait 48 hrs between).

I knew I wasn't pregnant even before I started my period because I took a pregnancy test this morning (I bought the Accu-Clear brand -- $4, the cheapest to make up for my expensive ovulation predictor test, haha). If I'd been pregnant this would have been a perfect time to surprise Joe.

For our anniversary in April, my mom and stepdad gave us a hotel reservation in Ames -- where Joe and I met, fell in love, and got married. We first planned to use it Memorial Day weekend but we all got sick and stayed home instead. We rescheduled for August, but then Ames flooded the weekend that we'd planned to go! Since my brother told us back in June that he was going to be in Iowa the weekend of September 18th for a wedding, we made reservations for tonight. So, Joe and I drove to Iowa separately this morning and he's returning to Omaha tomorrow (Sunday) while I stay with Logan until Tuesday.

Actually, next month might be even better because we are going to a Chicago Bears game on October 17! How awesome to break the news to the biggest Bears fan at the Bears game!!!! :-) It could happen. . .Babycenter says my next possible positive pregnancy test would be that week, for a baby due the end of June 2011!

Even though I've already been pregnant once, "how it happens" is no less amazing the second time around. Three years ago seems like a million years ago -- like I can hardly believe I was ever pregnant. Back then I kept thinking it was a fluke until I was five months pregnant! I feel the same way this time -- like, that was a one-time thing and can't possibly occur again!

But, here goes try #2. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment