Saturday, March 26, 2011

Beef Pepper Goulash

I've posted two breakfasts, a lunch, and a side dish -- now it's time for supper! My friend Melissa gave this recipe to me almost three years ago and I have been meaning to make it ever since! Finally, this week I did! :-) Joe said this was his favorite from the week! For me, I gave it three out of four stars on flavor, four out of four stars on easy-to-prepare, and four out of four stars on prep time (even though you let it sit for 4-5 hours, it takes just minutes to put the ingredients into the crock pot and then you don't have to do anything during those hours).

Ingredients:

1 cup water
12 oz can tomato paste
2 tablespoons of vinegar
1 package of dry Sloppy Joe seasoning
2 lbs beef stewing meat, cubed
1 rib celery
1 medium green pepper -- cut into 1/2" pieces

Directions:

In a crock pot/slow cook, mix the first four ingredients, then stir in the last three ingredients. Cook on high for 4-5 hours. Serve over noodles. (Melissa said she added a teaspoon of minced garlic, mushrooms, and onions -- so feel free to add any extra of your seasonings-of-choice.) Serves 4-6.

1 comment:

  1. I will have to try this. I use my slow cooker all the time.

    ReplyDelete