Last week I finally put our home movies from the past year onto a DVD disc (because you might as well put me in a insane asylum if anything ever happened to my videos and/or pictures while I am here on this earth).
Due to moving just 3 weeks after Krissa's birth, I had only watched a few min of our weekend at the hospital when I had first transferred them from our video camera to the computer. So, it was incredibly sentimental to watch them now. I edited them into a 5 minute video which I posted below.
The first clip is of the outside of the hospital. I remember that my water had broken hours before but I still felt so normal with no pain and no discomfort at all, that it felt strange to have just arrived to the hospital and be preparing for Krissa's birth. I wasn't in labor yet, but once that first contraction came, the game was on: just over a half an hour later she was born. Joe actually recorded a short clip of Krissa before the umblical cord was cut, but I didn't include the clip since it's of me with my legs wide open. :p
In the second clip, I was on the other side of the room in my hospital bed but I heard them talk about her dimple and announce her size of 7 lbs, 10 oz, and 20.5 inches long. There were other clips that I didn't include of her crying as they cleaned her up and sucked the amniotic fluid out that she'd swallowed...those clips brought tears to my eyes while watching them last week because now that I know how needy she is, it made me want to jump through the screen and pick her up and hold her to me! I understand that with Logan they had to take him away to NICU, and with Krissa it was because she swallowed amniotic fluid so those first minutes are important to make sure they are okay, but it just seemed sad that we were apart for those first minutes.
The third clip is of me holding her for the first time. I forgot that she seemed to really be checking out the air...no more tasting amniotic fluid, LOL. As soon as the video camera turned off, we had skin-to-skin contact.
The fourth clip is of Logan holding her the next day...very sweet. :-)
And the fifth/final clip is of Joe holding her. We took her home the following day. . .and the rest is
Happy Half-Year Birthday, Krissa Anne!








Happy 6 month birthday Krissa! My water broke with both girls before any contractions started so I can't imagine being in pain as you drive to the hospital (both girls were induced). I would think it must be nice to be able to labor at home.
ReplyDelete