Thursday, January 5, 2012

Krissa's First Cereal

Nothing to report since my blog on January 1st, except that on the evening of Monday, January 2nd Krissa ate something other than breastmilk for the first time! She was 18 days older than Logan was (he had his first cereal at 5 months, she is over five-and-a-half months) but while he acted like it'd been what he was waiting for his entire life, she was definitely a newbie. (I've posted his video which is 1 minute-20 seconds below her's which is 2 minutes-10 seconds. You have to press the back arrow to return to this page.) But we gave it to her again on January 3rd & 4th and now she's a pro at eating! She definitely likes it now.

My only concern is that a couple of hours after eating each time she starts crying for what appears no reason and doesn't respond to my soothing; the only way she stops is to eventually fall asleep. :( That's not her typical way, so I don't know whether there's a connection to the organic rice cereal or not. She's super happy until then and she's super happy when she wakes up, so maybe that's her new way to act when she's ready for bed? I've decided since we've fed her once a day for three days in a row, we'll now do three days off to see if she acts the same.


2 comments:

  1. Andrea,

    Those videos were so cute. I loved it when they both smiled.... they looked like twins for a second! lol

    We both said "she is so cute," on Krissa's video, at the same time! That made me laugh.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My older daughter did great when we introduced food for her but my younger daughter had a lot of problems with solids, especially after a year old. Since she was later diagnosed with a milk allergy so I think that was the issue.

    ReplyDelete