Tuesday, February 1, 2011

RIP Lincoln

It is with terrible sadness that I write that the baby who I blogged about in my last post passed away today. With their several updates every day I began to feel the heaviness on my heart that he was not going to make it but I kept praying for a miracle for this family. His sweet little eyes were bright in the photos they posted. . .but he never really did have a day in the right direction. :( I sobbed to think about how this mother carried this little boy for 9 months and then had to say goodbye to him two weeks later. No parent should ever have to see their child die -- there can't be anything worse in life!!!!! Their strength is an inspiration to all; here is the mother's last post:

Today will forever be the hardest day of my life...If I knew when I woke up that I would have to say good-bye to Lincoln I would probably not have woken up. My perfect little boy did all that we asked and endured more than most people do their entire life time.

Ike and I were able to hold Lincoln while he met Jesus. I would have sat and held him all night, just the best little snuggler in the whole world. I love you Lincoln Joseph.

I can't say enough about the medical team. Our doctors and nurses were second to none. We will be forever grateful to Kim and Kim. The best nurses in Rochester. Not only did they provide superior medical care to Lincoln, but they showed love and compassion to us and our families....We love you so much

I am so full of sorrow! I just wanted to take him home with me. Life just isn't fair and I will never be able to explain how perfect he was.

We are so grateful for the kind words, prayers, and support. Lincoln has changed so many lives. He has brought so many closer to God and I am honored that he picked me for the job. I love him so much and can't wait until we reunite.

My arms are empty and my heart aches, but I know it will get better...Time:) He was so amazing and I wish you all could have witnessed the strength and courage this little boy showed for 13 days.

Love to all.

1 comment:

  1. This has just torn my soul. I look at Lincoln's sweet little face, and I can see the little boy that he would have been.

    When I read his mother's words, well, I'm sure you could only imagine how I felt inside............"...If I knew when I woke up that I would have to say good-bye to Lincoln I would probably not have woken up. My perfect little boy did all that we asked and endured more than most people do their entire life time."

    I am so sorry for the greatest loss in this families life.

    I will be thinking of sweet Lincoln for a very long time.....

    ReplyDelete