Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Movement Already?!

With Logan I didn't feel him kick until almost 20 weeks. . .but this baby I think I might have felt on my first day of week 15! I was lying in the bathtub and kept feeling a flutter in my tummy. But I thought to myself, no way, it's too early! Back with Logan I had to concentrate really hard to feel it for the first couple of weeks (then he was Mr. Active and I felt him all of the time)! So at first I passed it off, but every day I have continued to feel it! Joe looked this up and found that A LOT of women report feeling their baby move at 15 weeks (typically only when it's not the first). Yeay!

This pregnancy I have been more aware of that area in general. With Logan I was oblivious those first nineteen weeks but I remember that after Logan came out I could still feel "activity" in my uterus for the next couple of months. This time, I felt "activity" right away but there was a difference once the fluttering began this week!

Since my last "update" last Thursday, I have felt amazing! No nausea, no NOTHING -- as in, if it wasn't for the movement I'd feel like I did the first 8 weeks when I didn't even feel pregnant! I must have adjusted to my belly because it hasn't been as uncomfortable (despite being up now 10 lbs). So I can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

On Friday I had my blood tests taken that had been accidentally skipped earlier, and then on Saturday Joe, Logan, and I took a tour of my new hospital! It had a totally different vibe than my previous hospital. At first I couldn't decide whether that was good or bad because I really liked the other hospital. I had chosen it because in 2007-2008 they were doing 500 births a month (the most of any hospital in Omaha) and had the best of the best with everything, especially if there were complications. So it was very reassuring to be in that environment since I'd had no previous experience with hospitals or having a baby, especially because I was doing hypnobirthing -- I thought they would have seen more of a variety of types of births. At the same time, it was always super busy! As the second largest hospital in the state of Nebraska, it was always packed with people whether we we were there for childbirth classes or my actual labor. There were several babies born every hour while I was there.

This hospital, however, was just built in 2004 so they said they average about 70 births a month (they previously had 100 per month but the economy has seemed to affect the birth rate, so my former hospital probably has less now, too). Needless to say, it seemed incredibly quiet and peaceful compared to my previous hospital! We walked in and saw NO ONE! Then we went to the labor & delivery floor and saw NO ONE! A nurse let us in and showed us around and there were only three women/rooms who'd recently had babies! She pointed to the nursery and there were no babies in it! Joe said that when Logan was in the nursery he was one of 25.

But it didn't bother me, instead it seemed like the more comfortable place for this particular pregnancy. Since it is newer, it is a nicer-looking place, and very cozy! I had a really good vibe so I am sticking with it! Unless, the baby is born before 34 weeks then he/she has to be delivered at my previous hospital but otherwise this one has a NICU (individual rooms for each baby which my old hospital didn't have) and everything else to handle any complications.

On a funny note, when we left the hospital, Logan (who was holding my hand) looked up at me innocently and said, "Why didn't the baby come out?"

I had explained to him previously that the hospital was where we would be going when it was time for me to have the baby, haha! I told him that the baby still needed to get bigger; he/she won't come out until the summer.

Logan has continued to make this pregnancy so much easier on me than I'd expected! He just happily plays by himself and tends to his own needs. The other day he walked over to me out of the blue and said "You're a good Mama" as he gave me a hug. How can anything ever top that?!

If I am eating on the couch and he notices that I'm done with my plate, he will ask if he can take it to the sink for me! Oh the things I will probably miss when he's a teenager. . . :p

Last night when I got the news of Baby Lincoln and started crying, Logan looked up from where he was playing and said, "Mama sick?" Then he came over and began patting me and said, "Okay, Mama? Okay, Mama? Baby in Mama's tummy making you sick?" To that I had to smile.

His thing this month is to say "actually" which makes Joe and I laugh. For example, he'll say that he wants to watch one show on TV or want one thing to eat and then say "actually, I want [such and such]" and choose a different show or food, etc.

Yesterday he picked up one of Bella's toys that she never plays with and said, "What's this all about?"

At night before bed he requests "water, hug, and kiss" and it has to go in that order. If we mess up and hug or kiss him before his water he reminds us that water is first, then hug, and then kiss. It's cute.

Earlier this month I was surprised that he can match all letters to the alphabet -- he is really good at understanding what things go together, what things are in the same category, etc.

As for our monthly family update (the last one was on my other blog: Winter Update/Conclusion To Blog), this month was super uneventful, mainly due to my unpredictability of morning sickness, etc! I haven't really been posting pics on this blogsite like I did my old blog because our photo site seems to be enough of a photo blog (you can click the button on the left column to view all of our photos on picasa). But I hardly took any in January anyway.

All that really happened this month was that Joe and I had a date night to the Cinedine for the third time (saw The Dilemma which was funny) and Joe's mom came to visit before she left for her annual 3 month trip to the south! This year she picked Corpus Cristi, TX. Last Friday night we took Logan to The Amazing Pizza Machine for the first time since August so that was super fun.

In my doctor's appt. post last week I forgot to link to the comparable post for Logan, so I will end with it today! It was Hearing The Heartbeat For The Second Time.

4 comments:

  1. I prefer a quiet hospital. When my oldest was born, I was tossed out of the delivery room because they had people waiting. It was much calmer with my younger daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. movement makes things so real. I felt both of my children a bit after 15 weeks. Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt all of my boys very early. I could see Ezekiel moving around under my belly button, at 12 weeks. I couldn't feel him though. I could feel him at 14 weeks. It was so neat!

    That little Logan is such a sweet boy. The things that he does and says, is amazing! He is going to be a very good boy.......... hopefully, even into his teenage years. lol

    I'll try to e-mail you soon.

    :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember feeling that flutter about the same time!!! It freaked me out because I was afraid something might be wrong with the baby but it turns out it's pretty normal.

    Yay! 3 more weeks and we find out girl/boy. So excited for you! :]

    ReplyDelete