Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Baby Rodgers Challenge The First Edition!

Only one more week til my ultrasound(!!!) which means the poll for The Baby Rodgers Challenge Part Two (http://www.expectnet.com/games/NewestRodgers) will close at 8 am on 3/3/11! (My appt's not until 1 pm but I don't want to leave the Expectnet site up til the last minute or else I might forget to close it! You can still make changes to your name until then.)

I came across the Baby Rodgers Challenge Part One (Logan's) tonight! It was fun to read again! There were 58 participants and the closest person/earliest person was my step grandma who guessed 8 days later than when Logan was born on 4/18/08 but was the wrong gender so she received second place, while the first place winner was my step aunt who guessed the right gender but was 12 days after Logan was born. We'd used the time of day as a possible tie breaker but must not have done size last time. . .although I remember some people telling me their prediction for that, too, so wish I would have posted it on the calendars because I like the size idea!

There were 31 boy guesses and 27 girl guesses. May 10th was the most popular day to guess, that was just a couple of days before my original due date which was May 12/13. Nobody guessed 10:30 am which was the time of day he was born, although my bff guessed 10:15 am (on May 14). The only day in May that nobody guessed (prior to my due date) was May 2nd. Guesses ranged starting from the second day of my 38th week to six days after my due date.

I didn't realize that my prediction had been May 1st (this time it's July 1st, lol). I remember now that I picked it because it was Joe & my first date in 2000! This time I picked July 1st because, I know this is weird, but it was the day of my first period EVER :p So it's like the full circle (I know, I'm weird)! Also, it's around the same time that I had Logan. (Since the months are different, it's hard to say for sure what is the equivalent day of when I had Logan, but 25 days early from the July 28th due date is July 3rd (Joe's birthday), or the start of my 37th week is July 7th.)

This time, there have been 38 participants (as of today) with 13 boy guesses and 25 girl guesses. July 14 and July 19 are tied for most popular days to guess. For the month of July, prior to my due date, no one has guessed the days of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 9th, and 20th. Guesses range starting from the 5th day after my 36th week -- me, or for other people, two days after my 37th week to three days after my due date which is actually one day before my original due date of July 28 (July 24 is what the doc is going by since that matches the day of my last period).

The full moon in July is going to be on July 1st (I just noticed this tonight)! The reason why I mention that is because my friend Melissa who is a nurse told me last time when I was pregnant that hospitals swear that more babies are born on full moons than any other day! Well, April 17 was a full moon. . .I went into labor just two hours after the end of April 17! Hmmmm. . . :-)

Anyway, here are the pics of the first edition. To see close-ups, click on the image and then press your back arrow to return to this page.


2 comments:

  1. I have also heard that more babies are born with a full moon. It supposedly has something to do with the moon's effect on water. Not sure if it's true but maybe you will find out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, I'm cracking up about the whole July 1st., 1st. period/ first date with Joe! You are too funny Andrea!! LOL........ May the best guess win! :)

    ReplyDelete