Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Four-And-A-Half Months

Two weeks until my ultrasound!!!!!!

The other day I was watching A Baby Story and the couple said "we don't want to find out the sex of the baby because there aren't any other surprises in life." HUH? Am I the only one who doesn't know what's going to happen in this world one day to the next? My whole pregnancy is a surprise day to day! Obviously, my labor experience and the day he/she is born will be, too. Not to mention what they're going to look like, what their personality is going to be like. . .and everything from the moment they're born, on! My take is quite the opposite -- in a world where almost everything is a surprise, it's nice to have something that is predictable!

Even though I believe that this baby after the ultrasound is just as much of a baby as the day I conceived, there is an element of bonding that hasn't happened yet that I remember happening once I could put a male or female "energy" to the baby inside me last time. So I am really looking forward to having that again! Despite feeling this baby kick 4 weeks before Logan, I'm so much more distracted during this pregnancy with already being a mom and everything else, so it will be nice to have something new and exciting to focus on! Of course until recently all I've felt is bad, so I like remembering how much faster and upbeat the second half of my pregnancy went once I learned the gender last time, as that was by far the best day of my pregnancy.

Thankfully, since I last blogged, my cold left on Saturday so I celebrated with my friend Brooke by doing our monthly "Mom's day out at the movies" (although we didn't do it in January). We met for lunch at Culver's and then saw Just Go With It which was "okay."

On Sunday Joe & I celebrated Valentine's Day a day early, although we didn't go anywhere since we had gone to Mary Poppins and out for steak the weekend before. But he got me a gorgeous heart shaped ring and necklace!!! I was VERY surprised since he has never bought me jewelry in the almost 11 years that we've been together (aside from my engagement/wedding ring)! I don't think I've bought myself anything other than earrings during that time, either, so I was due and am loving them. I have been wearing the ring instead of my wedding ring since my wedding ring won't fit until baby is here :p (I'm seventeen-and-a-half weeks and up 13 lbs now.)

I gave Joe some candy, and Logan gifts -- his first paint (he's been painting every night so good thing it's washable 'cuz it gets everywhere), paper to paint on, his first workbook, neon markers with cards to color on, two little cars with guys inside, a bunch of little balls, stickers, and two books -- one is his first about being a big brother!

Today (since yesterday had been a week) I reduced Logan's dose of Miralax from two cups a day to one cup which will remain until the end of the month. It has worked, as he hasn't complained of a stomachache in a week so hopefully that darn pneumonia bacteria is finally gone. It was cute, after I bought the Miralax Logan said, "Can I get the poop out of me now?"

At first I wasn't sure what to think -- he woke up last Wednesday with a dry diaper and wasn't anything out of the ordinary the rest of the day. But Thursday he pooped every hour! Thankfully, it never got to be diarrhea, but over the course of the week he definitely got cleaned out! Now he's only pooping 2-3 times a day (usually he just poops once) so tomorrow we are finally returning to the outside world/plans each day!

It's a good day for it, as it's supposed to be almost 70 degrees outside! This entire week has felt like spring so I really hope it came early this year and is here to stay! We had a warm fall, with Logan wearing a tank top and no coat the week before Halloween, and winter wasn't that bad as far as temps and snow compared to most years, so we will see!

On Sunday Logan played in his sandbox for the first time since the fall and I sat outside on the deck without a coat on! When we first took off the sandbox lid he said, "Where's the bug?"

It took me a second to remember that the last time we'd been out there, in Sept or Oct, there had been a wasp! He remembered! I happily said, "There are NO bugs around right now!"

Last week I said that there were some things I forgot to write in my last update. One, is that a few weeks ago when we went to The Amazing Pizza Machine he walked in and exclaimed, "This is a nice place!"

When I take a shower, I always ask him what the rule is and he says, "No go to door even if somebody rings doorbell." The other day he made my heart stop when he followed that with "Bad guy might take me and make me all bloody." WHAT?! I have never said anything to him like that and wasn't wanting him to think such thoughts at this age so I didn't know what to say to that! :(

As for brighter things, he likes watching A Baby Story when I have it on. He'll be playing and then he'll stop and tell me that he'll play again once he sees the baby come out, lol!

The other day I picked him up from Gail's (his babysitter) and I asked him how his day was and he said that the baby cried, but he made the baby feel better. Awe! Gail says that he loves to help. He definitely has the stereotypical first born personality; I've decided he has an old soul.

Back in January he got out of bed for the first time (when we moved him to his big boy bed in September we were relieved that he continued to call for us when he was awake rather than get out on his own). He's done it four times since, but all except the first time he has called for us as he's walking (which gives us some warning). The first time I had gone to my room when it was time for his nap, and about 15 min later my doorknob began turning. I'm sure I held my breath, lol, until I saw my toddler there. (By the way, I think Logan is going through a growth spurt. He took a 5 hr nap on Saturday and then slept in until 10:30 am on Sunday!)

A funny thing he's been doing is talking with his hands. He'll make pretend mouths out of them and then say stuff like "Hi Baby" to my stomach! He is convinced that it is a boy and is already calling him Chase! I'm like "wait a minute, we don't know that it's a boy or that we're for sure naming him Chase!" In fact, ever since I started feeling the baby kick I am back to thinking it is a girl!

It is cute to see how important "our family" is to him. Like, everything is "Mamma, Dadda, Bella, Cosmo, and teddy bear!" We are all one, lol. So I've started interjecting "and baby" so that he'll get used to his brother or sister being a part of our family, too!

Most recently, he told Joe that I broke his Chia Pet. He got it from his mom for Christmas and he's been obsessed with it ever since, although the thing wasn't in good shape from the beginning and so he's just about given up. Well, the other day I moved it and some water spilled out. I said, "Woops, hopefully Daddy won't be mad at me."
Logan said, "He's going to tell the police and put you in a police car!"
I had to laugh because a few weeks ago he saw someone getting pulled over and wanted us to explain to him what exactly was going on, so we told him that the police put adults who are being bad in "big person time out!"

A few weeks ago I saw Joe looking up information about RAGBRAI on the computer. I asked what he was doing and he said, "We should do it this year." I was like, "Uh, it's the week of July 24th. . .and so is our baby's due date!" He then said, "Well the baby could come early." Can you say OUCH?! I'm sure RAGBRAI is painful enough when you're in shape, let alone anytime after giving birth. I think my husband has amnesia. :p

The silliest thing Joe said recently was to his friends last Friday at lunch. Seems like he always has some hilarious story to tell me about the fun they have on their lunch break from work, but they say that this tops it all.

You know Alanis Morissette's song, "You Oughta Know"? Well one of them got on the subject of it and Joe said, "Oh yeah, the song about the crosseyed bear."

They all looked at him and said, "Huh? What?"
Joe's like, "Yeah, I've always thought it was strange how one of the main lyrics is about a crosseyed bear that this guy gave her."
By now they're all looking at him like he's crazy and so one of the guys looks up the lyrics on his phone and, the next thing Joe knows, some of the guys have to get up and leave because they are laughing so hard and others are crying.

The lyric is "it's not fair to deny me the cross I bear that you gave to me." !!!! All these years Joe has SERIOUSLY thought she was saying "crosseyed bear!"

Since then, one of the guys has been pretending that he's a crosseyed bear whenever he sees Joe, and of course this story has been WAY passed around the past week, LOL. I don't know how I will ever hear the song seriously again!

Anyway, so I am feeling good now except for Tuesday morning I woke up at 4 am because my stomach was super uncomfortable. My mom bought me a snoogle so I've started using it, but unfortunately could not find any relief. I tried to walk around but it didn't help so I decided to take a bath! It helped! I laid there for almost an hour and then was able to get back in bed and fall asleep. My stomach hurt the rest of the day yesterday but last night and today were fine. I think things just stretched and grew and shifted and moved or something. Now if only my acne would go away, all would be well!
-------
Here's the post I wrote during this week that I was pregnant with Logan: Omaha Shooting At 17.5 Weeks Pregnant.

3 comments:

  1. I tried it both ways. I didn't know what my first was but I found out with my second. I much preferred knowing. I found it increased the excitement. No matter what, you are excited when the baby arrives. I didn't find it anymore exciting when the sex was a surprise. Finding out the sex in advance definitely gave me some of that excitement in the middle of pregnancy when I was pretty darn crabby anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, okay, I can't write until I stop cracking up about the cross eyed bear!! I seriously had tears in my eyes, because I was laughing so hard! I don't think that I will ever think of anything but that, when I hear her name! lol

    I was laughing about all of the things Logan said/did too! I would have a blast hanging out with you guys. I like humor, and you all know how to make me laugh! :P

    I always watched the Baby Story every time I was pregnant. From Caleb, all the way down to Ezekiel. That show never gets old.

    I loved to find out what the sex was with my children. By time I got to Ezekiel, I really don't think there was a point in checking......... God gave me a full order of BOYS! lol

    Can't wait to find out who the little one is inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Logan is so funny!!! I wish I could be around him in person more often and hear these things first hand. :)

    ReplyDelete