Well I'm trying not to worry about the ultrasound this Thursday but this pregnancy has been so opposite of my last that it's hard to believe I am really pregnant. I haven't felt pregnant at all. (My face hasn't broken out yet, either.) If it wasn't for not having a period in two months I could be on that show I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant, especially had I thrown my negative pregnancy test away immediately as I have in the past. (You can read about my finding out in my post Third Time Was A Charm Again!)
However, there was yesterday (Sunday - the start of my 7th week). I thought I would exercise on the eliptical machine because exercise was not something I was able to do while pregnant with Logan since I felt so awful all of the time. I wanted to see if being active would have a positive effect on this pregnancy. The first time I worked out since finding out I was pregnant was last week, I did a half an hour on the eliptical one night. Typically when I do the eliptical I do 1 to even 2 hrs but since it had been a few weeks I wanted to start light. Everything went well and so on Saturday night I did my usual hour. Since it went well, too, I thought I'd do an hour again on Sunday morning.
I had to stop after about 40 minutes. I thought I was going to pass out and I felt AWFUL. I took a shower which made me feel better but I was WIPED OUT the rest of the day. I couldn't get off the couch. I guess it was my first day of fatigue. So, a half an hour may be all that I can do while pregnant. . .I will give it another chance to see. . .but not for a few more days since even today I wasn't back to my normal energy level. Then again, I doubt I'd be bouncing off the walls at this point not pregnant -- I'm still helping my little guy back to health. He is on his medication for the pneumonia through Thursday so it has been a long time since I've had a break. Not only has he not been able to go to his babysitter's house, but we haven't been able to leave the house (for fear of him catching something else which would then mean he'd need to be hospitalized). So no playdates, trips to the library or anywhere for that matter. On the other hand, Logan has learned sign language due to watching one of his DVDs so much. I'm not kidding. I hadn't paid much attention to it so I had no idea the signs for different words around the house. But one day we were eating lunch and I began to point to different things and ask Logan what they were in sign language and he kept doing all of these realistic hand gestures! So the next time his DVD was on, I watched -- and sure enough he was right! So that's made me feel better about the fact that these past 3 weeks have more than made up for Logan hardly caring to watch TV in his first two-and-a-half years!
Anyway, I've had several people say they had prayed for me that I wouldn't be sick with this pregnancy so that really means a lot that people would actually pray for something like that!! So maybe that's why I've felt so good! I've also had many people remind me that each pregnancy is different and being sick is not a requirement so let's hope that I can get through this week and next because then chances are I won't have to deal with it all this time! Even though it can happen all 9 months of pregnancy, it generally doesn't START after the eighth week. For people that have it for however long, it has already started by then. Week 8 was indeed my worst week while pregnant with Logan -- it was the week that I changed my mind about hospital-assisted suicide. :p
I'm not doing anything different than three years ago. . .as I mentioned in my last post, one theory is how the body reacts to the major and sudden increase in progesterone. This makes sense to me (so far) because my body didn't have quite the shock that it did last time since I was on progesterone cream for 14 months. But we'll see how the next two weeks go!
Monday, December 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment