Yes, it's official -- I went to the doctor's office on Wednesday, November 17 (the day after my last post) to have my blood drawn to make sure everything was off to a good start and they said my numbers were better than average! That means no progesterone suppositories this time, yeay! With Logan my progesterone number was 16 and this time it was 25 (and I was tested at an even earlier date this time)! They said it should not matter that I went off the cream last month because my body has picked up where the cream left off, although if I'd like I can get tested again when I come in for my ultrasound. More than likely using the cream for 14 months put my body in a better place for pregnancy this time, so I am hopeful that could mean less morning sickness since the sudden & major increase in progesterone is the main hormone to cause that.
My HCG result was also very good for being only four weeks pregnant at the time it was tested -- a 1 is not very good, mine was 13. Levels of HCG should double every 48-72 hours and progesterone an average of 1-3ng/ml every couple days.
I pray that everything is developing healthy. I can't wait for the ultrasound next Thursday (I will be seven-and-a-half weeks pregnant). The day after I found out I was pregnant, I had to start giving Logan a nebulizer for bronchitis so I hope that breathing the antibiotics and being around his virus' haven't affected the developing baby (he also has an ear infection and pink eye). It's ironic because this is the longest he's ever been sick and also his first real non-colds of his life, so it's crazy this is how I'm starting off this pregnancy. I feel like I haven't had a moment to myself yet. . .I guess this is my first taste of having two children!
We had thought that Logan was recovered last week, but that didn't turn out to be the case so we took him back to the pediatrician this past Monday (the 29th) and found out his bronchitis had turned into pneumonia! :( I cried when I had to wait outside the x-ray room while I heard him scream (at least Joe could be with him) and then Logan had to have an injection of antibiotics since obviously the nebulizer wasn't strong enough (although he's on the nebulizer again for another five days). I had hoped maybe he wouldn't mind the injection since he never flinches at vaccines, but there was a big difference between their little vaccine syringe and the antibiotic syringe so he cried for an hour. We left the hospital with him saying "owie owie owie!"
The doctor said that if he was still coughing in 24 hrs then he'd have to come back, so we went in again on Tues (the 30th) and he was given a prescription for oral antibiotics. The doctor thinks that in ten days he will be 100% recovered. I pray that is the case and he will now make a full recovery, otherwise he will have to be hospitalized. Thankfully, my wonderful husband took Mon off from work to be with us. It was concerning to be on the receiving end of Logan's constant cough (seeing/feeling the germs land on my face)! I felt run down on Monday (tired, sore throat, and horrible headache all day) so I was worried that I was going to get sick, too. But Joe watched Logan (who has continued to be his normal happy, playful self) while I took a 3 hr nap and stayed in bed for another 3 hrs and by Tuesday I felt healthy again.
Until then I had been moving at a super fast pace. . .like I had only a couple of weeks to live -- but that's because I know from past experience that week six (this week) was the week that I began feeling sick with Logan (yesterday to be exact), so if it happens again then I WILL be out of the land of the living for awhile! :p So far I've been feeling great (each day is improvement from last time/one less day so hopefully it'll keep up!), although I haven't slept well the past three weeks (I keep waking up in the night full of energy and early in the morning -- like 4 am) -- that must be how my body reacts to pregnancy because I remember the same thing happened during all three trimesters with Logan. (My body must decide right away to get me used to getting up in the night :p)
On the bright side, I got my Christmas shopping and everything else done for Christmas, and I've done well with taking all of my vitamins and have been trying to eat & drink healthy.
On November 23rd I began reading & writing in the pregnancy journal/my fav book that I used with Logan (I bought the new version of The Pregnancy Journal; A Day-To-Day Guide to a Healthy and Happy Pregnancy by A. Christine Harris), but it was announcing it to our family that finally made it real on Thanksgiving!
Here is the video of the night I told Joe (Nov 16). As I said in my last post, I had Logan wear his "Big Brother" shirt and we decorated the kitchen with blue and pink streamers while I grilled filet mignon. :-)
On the 27th we went over to my dad's house (my stepmom was at their Michigan house because she had to work that week) and handed my dad a balloon that said "Oh Baby!" He said "Uh-oh, I know what that means!" and gave me a hug, then we called the rest of the fam on the phone.
Finally, on the 28th, Joe's mom was passing through on her way home from spending Thanksgiving in Colorado with her oldest daughter's family. She had stayed at our place on her way out there and we hadn't said a word! So she was surprised when Joe came downstairs carrying Logan who was wearing the "Big Brother" shirt at the same time that I handed her a cupcake with the words "July 2011" and a baby bottle! :-)
So all of our family knows and we've also told some of our friends; we plan to announce it to everyone probably at the end of the week. (My weeks start on Sundays which is easy to remember so I will start "week seven" this next Sunday.) Some people wait until the first trimester is over (week thirteen) in case of miscarriage, but I have the same philosophy as last time (I announced Logan at the end of six weeks although I was lucky to get my ultrasound at that point with him) -- I wouldn't want a miscarriage to be the first news that anyone hears of my pregnancy. If that was to happen I would need the support of my family and friends so I wouldn't be keeping a miscarriage a secret. Plus, as I said before, announcing it is what finally made it seem real!!! Now I can finally relax and enjoy this experience with my loved ones. This past Monday (the 29th) I checked both Chinese calendars (when I was pregnant with Logan they both said boy but this time one says girl and the other says boy!) and have posted a pregnancy photo album on our photo site (link is on the left column)!








No comments:
Post a Comment