Saturday, December 25, 2010

Just In Time For Christmas?

Well I'm scared to jinx it, but I think my nausea may be over!!!! As I wrote in my last post, it started on Tues, Dec 14th and while I had hoped that maybe it'd end by that Sunday (the start of my 9th week), it continued through my 31st birthday on Tues, Dec 21st.

Needless to say it wasn't my favorite of birthdays, however there was the heart-melting moment of Logan singing the entire birthday song to me all by himself for the first time! So that was definitely the highlight! Otherwise, I opened a couple of gifts, ate Dairy Queen cake, and we went out to eat at Roja, the Mexican restaurant where we've been going for special occasions the past two years. Unfortunately, the last time we ate there Joe informed me that he hasn't been enjoying the food the past few times -- and neither did I this time. Maybe new management? Or maybe just because I was pregnant? We need to find a new "special occasion" restaurant. (The place we went for our first five years was Macaroni's Italian but it is no longer in Omaha.)

The next morning, Wednesday, December 22nd I woke up feeling good so Logan and I went to the store since he'd been pronounced 100% recovered by his pediatrician the day before! Despite it being a long five weeks of us both staying at home, his doctor informed us that Logan is stronger than most children his age -- the majority with his type of pneumonia are hospitalized, so Logan was in the lucky minority. No doubt it had to do with the fact that I could keep him at home, as I imagine most mothers have to go to work and therefore send their kids back to daycare before they're ready. So, I am happy that most of his days he was happy and appeared healthy. Still, I hope he never gets it again! (Unfortunately, once you get pneumonia you're more likely to get it again in the following two years.)

Once we returned from the store I put a frozen pizza in the oven for lunch. I started to feel nauseous but I figured it was because I was hungry. The pizza only took 10 min to cook and then I ate two pieces and felt better. At that point Bella, who'd been outside, needed in so I went to the door to let her in. Then I was like OH NO! I had to turn around and grab the trashcan that was nearby. I kept throwing up and throwing up until there was nothing left in my stomach. It was awful.

I was worried that was going to be the first of many times (with Logan I threw up 13 times in the 4 months that I had nausea 24/7). But this time. . .I haven't had any nausea since! The rest of Wednesday I felt good! And on Thursday and Friday as well! Did it leave my body. . .literally? I sure hope so, as we are leaving to visit family tomorrow (Sunday) and I don't want to travel/stay at other houses and feel sick.

I did notice a drop in my energy finally, though. I have now been sleeping all through the nights again and as late as I can in the mornings, as well as even falling asleep during the day. When I say falling I mean that on Wednesday I slept on the job! Never in Logan's 32 months have I taken a nap when he's been awake, but he was watching cartoons around 4 or 5 pm so I laid down on the couch. . .and the next thing I knew he was talking on the phone! My parents had called and they asked him, "Where's your mom?"
"She's sleeping."
"Where's your dad?"
"He's at work."
Thankfully he'd only been running the household for about 10-15 minutes, but still, I couldn't believe I'd fallen asleep with him around! Now I notice that every time he takes a nap I feel like taking a nap, too. I've only been averaging 15-20 min but that's good for me (since usually I can't nap at all).

Also, as of this morning (Christmas) I've reached the "I'm fat" phase. The point where my clothes are tight now (I've gained 4 lbs, same as I had with Logan at this stage -- can only gain one more in these last two weeks of the first trimester to be in the healthy 0-5 range; I was at 5 with Logan at the end of the first trimester) and anyone who knows me can tell I've packed on a few, but I do not look "pregnant" or ready for maternity clothes yet.

So, no surprise, it's been a very low-key/non-exciting Christmas. With my pregnancy and Logan being sick in the 5-6 weeks prior I didn't get to really take in & enjoy the holiday season as I usually prefer to do. Nor did we participate in any fun traditional type stuff. . .will have to make up for it next year. We are opening our presents today (Saturday) just the three of us and going to church, and I'm cooking my first ham, but that's pretty much it (although we did watch It's A Wonderful Life last night and then tracked Santa & set out milk and cookies by the fireplace). The month of December has been a blur so I'm actually looking forward to the new year so that I can get my life in order again. So I sure hope that the 9 days of nausea was it for this pregnancy! I can handle that (especially since the worst it felt was a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being last time)!

Tomorrow starts week 10! :-)

P.S. In my post, First Ultrasound, I gave two links to my old blogsite to read about my pregnancy with Logan at that stage. So, here are two about Logan during the stage I'm currently in:

1) Morning Sickness--No, All-Day Sickness!

2) The Truth About Morning Sickness

No comments:

Post a Comment