Tuesday, November 16, 2010

#6: THIRD TIME WAS A CHARM AGAIN!

Oh-my-goodness. I am so hyper right now. . .I think I am pregnant!!!! The reason why I say "think" is because I was SO SURE I wasn't! I had every sign in the book that my period was about to start and there was nothing unusual or different about this month. I even took ibuprofen for cramps once over the weekend, woops (I had cramps with Logan, too, and used a heating pad -- another no no -- before I found out). Plus, I caught a virus the week before my period was due again!

The good news is that my face completely cleared up since stopping the progesterone cream and finishing the dermatologist's antibiotics, the bad news is that if I am pregnant then my face is probably going to break out again! :( Well, it was nice for one month. . .

Another reason why I am so shocked that I could be pregnant is because of the bad ovulation tests that I bought this month. Since we weren't sure what it read on Day 18, we went ahead that day. But Day 19 was obvious as far as being "the day" so we did then, too. However, this month I had TWO positive results -- November 5th (Day 20) as well! Life got in the way and we were not able to that day, so I thought for sure we did it too early again.  Even so, I did purchase a "I'm Going To Be A Big Brother" shirt for Logan. :-)

I wasn't even going to take a pregnancy test this morning because it's Day 31 and since a woman is supposed to start her period 12-16 days after ovulation, this was my first healthy day to start (and I explained last month that I'm tired of wasting tests so I didn't want to test until I was LATE). But yesterday I felt spectacular which felt weird to me because that feeling usually happens as soon as I start my period but definitely not in the few days prior. So, since I took the tests the past two months on Day 28 and 29, I decided to go ahead since it was 2-3 days later.

I took the test as directed with the first morning urine which was at 5 am this morning. The test was negative. I assumed I'd start my period within the next few minutes, LOL.

As I laid in bed before falling back asleep, I realized that this was the first month that I was disappointed. SAD. In Sept & Oct I had wanted it to say positive in order to tell Joe in Ames or at the Bears game, but after seeing that it was negative I had actually felt relieved. This month, however, I felt my heart drop -- especially knowing that we were for sure not going to try again until February. As I said in my last post, this was the first month that we were 100% ready and at the best place to have baby #2. But I didn't know if God thought the same or not -- I'd gone to the dentist last week and told them I was trying to get pregnant so we didn't do an x-ray and my hygenist said that she and her husband conceived their son quickly but didn't conceive their daughter until five-and-a-half years later. She said God knew what He was doing and she's so glad she didn't get pregnant before she did. I wondered if that was going to be me, too!

So imagine my surprise when I got up for good at 7:30 this morning and realized I'd left the test sitting out for the first time ever, so I went to throw it away and was like, "wait a second. . .what?!" There was the faintest second line! I did not know what to think. I have only had one positive result in my life and that was with Logan which was a very definite second line. All of the others I've taken have been negative which meant a very definite absent second line. This time the line was so faint that I thought maybe after sitting out for 2.5 hrs I was seeing what was under the screen -- like, there is a place for two lines and so I was seeing that. Because I've never looked at a test after two-and-a-half hours since they say on the boxes to discard after ten minutes. But come on, I could not go about my day knowing there was a slight possibility that I was pregnant!

So I immediately got into the shower and started getting ready so that Logan and I could go to the store. We first went to the library for story time and then Wal-Mart for groceries & an ept test (it was the first time I've used that brand).

The second we got home at 12:30 pm on today Tuesday, November 16th I took the test and the + sign was very faint, too, but clearer than what I'd seen on my First Response test. I knew then that it wasn't a coincidence -- light or no light, I'd received two positive results today. Both times I had frantically flipped through the directions and saw that they said that sometimes the line is light. Maybe that is because today was the first possible day that the hormone was noticeable? (Or at least I'm hoping that's it and not that the pregnancy isn't strong.)Logan was with me at the time and was happy, too, although I think he was a little confused, LOL. What is weird is that I've been asking him each month if there is a baby in my tummy and he has always said "no." Today I asked him and he said "yes." I also asked him in September when I was going to get pregnant and he said "two months" which I told Joe & my massage therapist on Sept. 30. At the time I didn't think we'd be trying in November so I brushed it off. But he was right on both! He's now contradicting himself on the gender, though -- he keeps going back and forth about whether he thinks it's a girl or boy.

I called my doctor to make my appointment which is the first ultrasound on Thursday, December 9 and asked for a prescription for the progesterone suppositories so that I don't have to wait until then to start taking them, since by not having the extra dose in my body the past month I don't want to cause a miscarriage. But they want me to come in tomorrow morning for a blood draw first before I start the prescription. That makes me nervous because it might not be accurate due to being on the cream for 14 months and this as my first month off. Like, it could still be in my system and make them think that I have enough progesterone but maybe I don't and a couple of weeks from now it's going to drop but they will have told me that I don't need supplements and so then I'll miscarry. Grr. . .maybe I should have stayed on it one more month -- or maybe going off of it is the reason why I'm pregnant this month!!!

Logan & I hung up blue and pink streamers around the kitchen and I'm going to make filet mignon for supper. I plan to get out the videocamera when Joe comes home to see his reaction of Logan in the shirt. :-)

I am still in a state of shock! So far I feel great and every few minutes I tell myself "I will not get sick this time. I will not get sick. I'm going to continue to feel like this!"

That saying "third time is a charm" is really true for us, considering it happened with both my pregnancies. Wow, Logan is going to have a brother or sister. I'm going to be a mom again. WOW, it really happened!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment