After my last post we decided to give it ONE last shot before resuming trying in February (we're taking the holidays off, LOL) even though it means possible sickness during Christmas. With four tests left in my ovulation predictor kit, I thought it was perfect timing to finish them up the past week. I started testing on Day 14 but, unlike what Babycenter predicted, I didn't have an LH surge on Halloween -- nor had I by November 2nd (when I used the last test)! :(
So, that day I begrudgingly went to Walgreens and bought a new box. I had looked at Target the other day and was disappointed that they didn't have the option of 7 in a box like what I used to buy in 2007 (only boxes of 20 or more which would be a waste if I only had to use one). They didn't have them at Walgreens, either (I couldn't remember why I'd bought the box of 20 Clearblue at Walmart in September but that must be why -- they don't have smaller options anymore?). So, I bought the generic brand since it was the cheapest ($17) and decided to test when I got home to see if my result had changed since that morning, since it was Day 17 (the day I ovulated in Sept and Oct). No. . . and I began to wonder if going cheaper was the right decision. Aside from the container being hard to open -- they expire after thirty days of opening! Not only that, but they are only tiny strips of paper that are even harder to read than the Answer brand (at least Answer and First Response, which are equal in comparison, have individually wrapped sticks).
On the morning of November 3rd the lines looked so similar that I couldn't tell if it was positive or negative -- so I took it again a few hours later and couldn't tell then, either. However, this morning, November 4th (my friend Heather's birthday) it was apparent that today is the day (Day 19).
The due date would be July 28th -- just one day before my best former Omaha friend's birthday (former meaning that she moved to Arizona in April 2008 -- she's still a great friend)! I recently spoke with her and she began trying in September as well! Her try #2 was the end of October which would put her due date the same week as mine if we both get pregnant -- how fun would that be?! (Okay, it'd be more fun if we still lived in the same city but oh well.) Just like me she has always preferred not to have a summer baby (summers are way worse out there) but decided that now was the best time for their family. (Her baby #1 was born one year after Logan -- a boy in April 2009.)
That's how I'm feeling now, too -- whereas in my first post here in September I admitted that I didn't know if I was ready. I know Joe wasn't either. It was similar in 2007 when we got pregnant with Logan -- we'd started trying because we felt that after 4 yrs of marriage and being 27 yrs old it was time, but it wasn't until after a few tries that then we were trying because we really wanted a baby. I was hoping I would get to that place again and I am glad I did because I think that is the only reason why anyone should get pregnant!!!! So, I was kind of relieved when it didn't happen in September or October, but this month I am excited and hopeful for November 18 (when I can take a pregnancy test)!
If there's a positive result, we'll tell our families on Thanksgiving which would be a fun story. I was thinking of having a cake made with the words "We're Having A Baby" -- I would just tell everyone that we brought dessert. . .then we'd open up the box and they'd see :-)
I'm not sure what to do for Joe, though. Nothing can top the Chicago Bears (or even Ames) ideas :( I think I'm going to order Logan a shirt that says "I'm going to be a big brother" and have him wear it when Joe gets home from work. The only problem is that I'd have to order it before I know I'm pregnant so it could be another year before Logan would wear it (if I don't get pregnant soon). :p I guess I could get a large size.
I'm probably using my brain for nothing. I'm off the progesterone cream and off my antibiotics, but who knows if those things will make a difference. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment