Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Three

Logan had his 3-year-old check-up this morning and caught up/had his final vaccine until kindergarten! On my other blog I kept track of his growth from birth to 32 months (My Son) and so his last measurements in December were 32 lbs and 38 inches tall. He's still 38 inches tall which I'm surprised about because he sure looked like he had a growth spurt a couple of months ago. But we figured he'd be slowing down soon for the first time, since Joe is 5'9" and I'm 5'3" -- Logan was born on the taller side, in the 75th percentile, and was there until 8 months old when he reached the 90th percentile where he stayed until a year old when he went back to the 75th percentile, then at 18 months was back to the 90th percentile, until two-and-a-half yrs old -- since then had been in the 75th percentile. Now he's at the 62nd percentile. He's one inch taller than Joe at this age and two inches taller than I was.Meanwhile, he was 34 lbs the last time I weighed him a couple of weeks ago (meaning, he'd gained 2 lbs since Dec) which would have put him in the same percentile as his height, however today he was 36 lbs. Maybe it was all of the cake from his birthday, lol, because he ended up in the 86th percentile. Dr. Arispe says this is the age when they start caring about weight but that it was clear by looking at Logan that he's not overweight and instead is muscular, so Dr. Arispe said not to change a thing, he's a perfect size. He's one pound more than I was at this age and six more than Joe! Logan was born in the 25 percentile (that's comparing him with 40-weekers, not others who are 25 days early, lol) and by 2 months old was in the 90th percentile where he stayed until 11 months old when he went down to the 75th percentile until 15 months old when he went down to the 50th percentile -- that's where he'd been until now.

Anyway, the appointment went well (knock on wood but he hasn't caught anything since starting preschool. Aside from the pneumonia he only had two runny noses/colds the entire year after turning two years old). Next is to make an appt. for Logan to see a pediatric dentist for the first time now that he's 3! There is one down the street (next door to his preschool) so that will be convenient. (I pray he doesn't have any cavities! We've been brushing his teeth once a day since 9 months old and twice a day since 34 months old.)

As for our week since my last post. . .Wednesday, April 13, Logan went to preschool and it was his first time for staying til 5 -- Joe picked him up at 5:30. He came home with a sheet of Logan's pictures and descriptions about his personality and what stage he's in so that was fun to see. On Friday, the both of us picked him up together at 4:30 and talked to Michelle -- we absolutely LOVE-LOVE-LOVE her (as does Logan)! Joe and I haven't seen/talked to Liz for awhile since she leaves at 4:15. . .we haven't had any complaints with her since that crazy day, and Michelle has been giving us full verbal reports of Logan's days so I haven't requested the daily sheets.

On Friday Michelle said she was so impressed with Logan because he sat for 30 min and made a bird feeder, long after all of the other kids had given up or gotten distracted and moved on. But he put cheerios one by one on a string until it was completed, she said that is really good for a barely three year old, so I was a proud mama. :-) Joe's mom said he was the same way when he was a kid -- very focused for long amounts of time. . .I, on the other hand was not at all, haha! Michelle also said that since he's been going to La Petite for a month now and has never had an accident (has gone potty on the toilet every time) that I am to start bringing him there wearing underwear! So, as of yesterday (on his 3rd birthday!) I am now taking him out in public wearing underwear! He's been wearing underwear without accidents at home every day since the first week of November (two weeks after turning two-and-a-half), but has still had accidents in public or when we have guests (like his birthday party) so I hadn't ever had the guts to venture out of the house or invite people over with him in anything other than a pull-up. However, Michelle said that she thinks he's ready to wear underwear EVERYWHERE now -- yeay! (Except for naps/bedtime -- I am still a huge fan of Huggies Overnight Diapers! I'm not even going to tell him it's an option to wake up to go until after baby #2 starts sleeping through the night because I do not want to get up with TWO kids at night since I'm assuming he will wet the bed plenty of times wearing underwear!!! His pediatrician said age four is quite normal for boys' readiness at night so we'll wait another year unless he truly wants to do it before then.)Last Thursday, April 14, Logan and I were going to go to the zoo but it rained so we went to the grocery store instead. (He still loves to ride in the cart!) It was probably best, considering the whole walking thing with me, however I'm planning to go this Thursday so hopefully I'll have a normal-feeling walk. It's been a month since I've been to the zoo (Joe's taken Logan by himself) which was before I experienced the period-like cramps and pelvic pressure. The good news is that I am in my 26th week -- the start of the third trimester -- they say that this is the start of when babies can be born and survive without problems. However, many still do have a lot of problems so that really doesn't make me feel at ease. Gotta get through another month/4 weeks to get to where I was when I was born!

Since I haven't taken any walks since last Tuesday eve, I have felt good. Well, except that I can't see my feet now when looking down, and had my first swelling (pain in my feet) a couple of days ago. I didn't have swelling until two weeks before I went into labor with Logan so I was bummed to think it has started already this time because it hurt (and was tied to what caused my de quervain's). Thankfully, so far I've only had it on my first day of week 26 -- the same day I gained 3 lbs (so am up to a total of 25 now). . .welcome to the third trimester, Andrea. Fortunately, my hunger seems to be decreasing so there's still hope of me coming out less at the end than last time, even though I'm currently two pounds over this point of my pregnancy with Logan.

Unlike last time, I haven't had the numb feeling below my rib cage. I think it's because this baby is sitting so much lower than he was (which is typical for girls). I forgot to mention at my last appt. that her heartbeat was 153 and my blood pressure was 110/70. Next week is my appt. for the blood glucose test and I start going to the doctor every two weeks!

With Logan, I had the common vivid dreams of pregnancy, but this pregnancy hasn't been anything different than normal -- except every couple of weeks I have had one recurring dream from the minute I found out I was pregnant. Any dream interpreters out there? Here it is: I decide to get drunk! At first I think I'm just going to have one drink and that it should be fine (even though in real life I am VERY against pregnant women drinking AT ALL in pregnancy). . .but after one drink I forget that I'm pregnant and so before I know it I've consumed enough drinks to be full-fledged drunk. Then I remember that I'm pregnant and I think, oh no, I've probably harmed my baby!

What in the world? In real life I am not a big drinker, I only have alcohol a few times a year so it hasn't been hard to give it up during pregnancy. Nor am I doing anything else where I fear that I'm harming my baby. But considering I've had this dream a dozen times during this pregnancy, it must mean something!

Most recently I had a dream that I was still pregnant at 37 weeks (when I had Logan) and my baby was 8 lbs so Dr. Sullivan sent me to a pelvis expert (uh, there's no such thing) and so this guy got out a measuring tape and measured my pelvis and said, "Nope, you're not going to be able to deliver this baby vaginally."

Then I woke up. That one is easier to make sense of, lol.

Logan felt the baby kick for the first time last week so that was fun. (I can also see her kick through my shirt now.) This week he asked, "Why is my sister still in your tummy?"
I laughed and said, "Because she has to get even bigger!"
He said, "I want her to come out so I can make her happy."
Awe! He already comes over to my belly to give her hugs and kisses = good sign! Since One Born Every Minute finished the season a couple of weeks ago, I have been watching Pregnant In Heels. It's on Bravo, Tuesdays at 9 pm CST (I watched my first Real Housewives show), I thought it was going to be kind of dumb, but it's not -- I really like it! I would love to have the job of Rosie Pope, maternity concierge, I didn't even know there was such a thing. Hmmm. . . an idea! (Thinking that it would be easier than for million-dollar-moms in NYC, haha.)

Back to our update. . .Friday, April 15, we went out to eat to Carlos O'Kelly's after picking Logan up. (The dogs also got groomed that day.) We spent Saturday, April 16 cleaning the house and getting ready for Logan's party. I had thought about having it at The Amazing Pizza Machine or Bounce-U but it sounded expensive,so even though their ads were like, "cheaper than doing it at home!" I was like, "Whatever!" Well, after I calculated what we spent, it would have been cheaper! So next year that's what we're doing! But Logan really made it worth it. Every hour he'd walk into the kitchen and his eyes would light up as he looked at his party stuff, run over to hug me, and say, "Thank you so much, Mommy, for my party!" To have that appreciation from him made me want to do it all of the time :-) (Also, the morning of his party when he saw me he said, "Oh Mommy you look so pretty!" Do kids have to grow up and move away? I've decided I'm fine with him living with me forever, haha.)

He had spent so many weeks being so excited for his party, it was all he talked about the last week, so I was surprised he ended up being pretty timid/serious during the actual thing. . .but I guess it's not every day that we have twenty-five people in our house! (Last year was just a small family gathering, although we did a big one with both family and friends for his first year.)

The party was Sunday, April 17 at 11:30 am. Last year I had gotten sandwiches from Little King; this year we had sandwiches from Jimmy John's. Both were equally good! I also had a veggie tray, Cheeto puffs, Lays chips, macaroni salad, deviled eggs, cottage cheese, 7-Up, Cherry Coke, Diet Dr. Pepper, and punch. After everyone ate, Logan opened presents, and then it was time for his cake and cupcakes! As I blogged about in my post, Catching Up (March 15), the theme he chose was Mickey Mouse and he'd picked out his cake and cupcakes. I loved the way they turned out, and they were super yummy, of course.Friends left at 1:30 and family went home at 4 pm. It was a fun party; I thought we might just skip Logan's nap but he ended up going down at 4:15 and waking up at 6 pm. He's been taking his naps at 3 pm for the past couple of weeks, so later doesn't seem to bother him anymore. I'm just hoping they're not getting later and later so as to disappear. . .! He spent the rest of the evening playing with all of this new stuff!

Yesterday, Monday, April 18, was his actual birthday! He and I cleaned up from the party (it was cute, he started singing loudly, "Clean up everybody, clean up" and going into a full song. I asked him where he learned it and he said "school" so I will have to tell his teachers that, I loved it!), and then when Joe got off of work we went to The Amazing Pizza Machine for Logan's last free time! We prob won't go again for awhile since he still only ate a couple bites of food. . .don't really want to pay until he actually eats there! But we had a blast!!!!! (Here Joe & Logan are, riding go-carts for the first time.)Today, Tuesday, April 19, after Logan's pediatrician appt we went to the library for story time -- we hadn't been to children's hour since the day I found out I was pregnant in November! (Third Time Was A Charm Again) So it was great to be back, and I had so much fun watching Logan sing, dance, play with toys, and color a picture of the Easter Bunny! I also saw a woman who I had met there back in November 2009 (I wrote about her on my other blog, Start Of The Week), her name was Angela and she remembered me, too, so we chatted. It was sort of crazy because she was 6 months pregnant the last time I saw her and now I'm 6 months pregnant! She has a three year old girl and a 14 month old boy. She told me to come to story time on Tuesdays because she'll be there every week -- I hope to, as I don't know how often we'll be able to go once the baby is born.

Speaking of babies, we learned that Joe's oldest nephew's wife is pregnant! This is their third; the first (a girl) was born in June 2008, their second (a boy) in June 2010, and now this baby is due in December 2011. So their last was only 8 months old when she conceived! That's similar to how Joe's other nephew is doing it, lol. His first child (a girl) was born in February 2008, the second (a boy) in September 2009, and the third (another boy) in January 2011.

Otherwise, that's it! Well, there is one more thing but I'm going to wait to write about it until next time. I'll conclude with the three posts written during this time of my pregnancy with Logan.

What's That Line?

Tips For Pregnancy Back Pain

Second & Third Trimester Signs

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday to Logan. It sounds like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete