Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What Is The Deal With Walking?

Well I don't know what to think when it comes to me and walking. Today I went for a walk with Logan (and Bella) around the neighborhood, longer than I'd planned, and by the time I got home there was SO much pressure down below I was glad I could put Logan down for his nap and just lay on the couch. It took four hours for it to go away, though.

It has been a couple of weeks since I've felt that pinching when I walk, as well as the period-like cramps, so that's good -- but now what is this?! It was a very heavy feeling (almost painful but not quite) on something - my cervix? Even though my doctor said at this point I can keep walking, I should have had her check me for dilation because at least I could be reassured if everything looked good at my last appt.

It's such beautiful weather (was a high of 74 today), I want to enjoy it before it gets too hot. This past weekend it actually was borderline for me! It was 86 and I had to come inside just from watching Logan play in his sandbox and in the yard with his new t-ball, because the heat was sucking the energy from me. It worried me as far as knowing that by July it'll probably be over 100 - yuck! So walks in a couple of months might be impossible anyway if for no reason other than the heat! (Plus, I can tell I'm already getting slower! Hills are rough! The other new thing this week is that I've started peeing more often -- I'm waking up several times in the night now, fun times.)

Today I wore one of my maternity tops for the last time -- not because it's too small but because it's too warm. Just like the pants that I mentioned in another post that I put away, this shirt was from my pregnancy with Logan. Back then I had 7 shirts and 5 pants; with this pregnancy I bought 7 shirts and 3 pants. So minus the two, I now have a total of 13 shirts and 7 pants. I was hoping not to buy anymore, but considering most are for cooler weather I'm guessing I'll have to buy at least another if I make it to 40 weeks.

After my last post, Joe picked Elaine up from the airport at 8:30 on Sunday morning and she hung out here before heading home to Iowa.

On Monday, Logan, Bella, and I took a short walk around the neighborhood. Cosmo also had his yearly vet appt. Or rather, we took both dogs, but it turned out we only needed to bring Cosmo. I absolutely hate Bellevue Animal Hospital. I complained a few times on my other blog, so why we are still going after 6 yrs I have no idea (it's the only place we've ever gone, right after we got Bella in March 2005). But we are for sure DONE with them now. This time wasn't as bad as three years ago when Bella was throwing up blood and I made an appt, brought her in, and was told that because I (who is usually 10-15 min early) was two minutes late (due to construction at the end of their street) I was going to have to reschedule -- but there has continued to be some sort of problem with their office staff every time we go, so enough is enough. This time I made an appt. for both dogs to see our vet (we like to get their shots all done at the same time so as to avoid making multiple appointments). Instead, only Cosmo was scheduled with a vet whom we'd never met before! She said she was going to say something to the office staff, meanwhile I complained online! The vets themselves are fine, but the staff aren't friendly or easy to work with, so we'll be going to the one down our street now.

Anyway. . .this morning (Tuesday) Logan & I met Brooke & Kaelyn at a park. I'd never been to this particular one before but it was fun! For lunch we all went to Culver's. This evening Joe is golfing; he starts his annual golf league next week. Meanwhile I start the third trimester next week -- crazy!!!!

Here are the three posts that I wrote at this point of my pregnancy with Logan:

Trying To Choose The Gender
First Trimester Pregnancy Signs
The Don't's (and a couple of Do's) Of Pregnancy

P.S. I have to admit I haven't followed the third post as much during this pregnancy as I did with Logan. When it comes to pop, sandwiches, and even ceasar salads, I have consumed them when I've had a desire for them -- but it's not been often. Also, in that third post I mentioned that my belly button had become tinier. It never did pop out with Logan, but this time it hasn't changed at all yet - I wonder if it will soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment