On a weird note, I think I have a mild case of pica. I learned of this when I was pregnant the first time and I thought it was insane! I couldn't even fathom it. I couldn't in this pregnancy either until about 3 weeks ago. . .I began wanting to eat toilet paper, carpet, or lint from the dryer! Disgusting, I know, and thankfully my brain still works and so I've refused to give in to this and so I eat real food and get full and that puts an end to it for the time being. Thankfully, by all reports, pica goes away immediately with the birth of the child, so I'm glad it started this month rather than my first month! I don't want to end up like those people on TLC's weird addiction show!
For our update. . .as I said in my last post, Joe's birthday was over the weekend. We celebrated by going to the new College World Series baseball field on Saturday, July 2nd (am glad we had a chance to see it before we moved) for the Homerun Derby (Logan had his first cotton candy after begging for an hour to have a "pillow" like other people who he saw :p) and then we watched the fireworks while sitting on the actual field which was really cool. Logan had a blast! I was reminded of how last year I said that I was surprised that The Fourth Of July seemed like his favorite holiday (The J-Month). . .I think now it's his second (behind Christmas).
Earlier that day, some friends had a going away party for us so that was fun, too. Joe's old co-worker whose wife is due a week after me was there so it was fun talking to her since we obviously have a lot in common right now! I never did meet his other (now old) co-worker whose wife is due the same day as me.Sunday, July 3rd was Joe's actual birthday so we went to The Amazing Pizza Machine :-) We also went to a cupcake place (Jones Bros.) rather than get our annual DQ cake (since Joe's mom just got back from Honduras and didn't come over this year - it was the first birthday in Joe's life that she didn't see him!) so Joe & I had a red velvet cupcake and Logan chose a strawberry & cream.
He's staying with Joe and his mom thru Thurs and then at my mom and stepdad's until Sat, then they will bring him here and stay til Sun. If I don't go into labor by the time they and Joe have to leave, then I don't know what I'm going to do next week! I really didn't think I was going to make it passed the 10th so I haven't made any arrangements between then and my induction day of July 18th! Logan won't have preschool anymore next week (Logan sang a song in the car the other day about a crocodile that he'd obviously learned at school. I will miss hearing him sing all of the songs he sang at La Petite now that he had his last day, last Friday), but I don't want to send him away again because even though he's been onrey lately, I can't stand to be away from him for two weeks (even with seeing him on the weekend). So, another reason to hope that THIS is the week, LOL. (Plus I had to put away more shirts due to the heat which means I only have 2 maternity tops and 4 pants left.)
I had a dream Monday night that I went into labor this week and the hospital was full so I had to share a room with another patient and her doctor...the doctor turned out to be my old doctor. She was like, "It's already too late. Your baby was bigger than the ultrasound said, I'm glad I'm not your doctor anymore because your baby is going to get stuck again."
That was a depressing way to wake up!
Yesterday Tuesday, July 5th I just watched TV and read all day. I can't remember the last time I did that!!!! I figured I better because it's going to be a long time before I do that again. Unfortunately, all that was on TV was the Casey Anthony verdict. I have never blogged about the case before, but I have been following the story since it happened when Logan was two months old. So, obviously, I've been waiting for justice to be served for little Caylee. . .and it wasn't! :( I'm so disappointed. . .I mean, anyone with half a brain can tell Casey is guilty. Our justice system must really stink!
I understand it was all circumstantial evidence, but why does there have to be a videotape or witness or DNA or a confession to convict? Remember Scott Peterson? I don't think that was any different. Instead of Scott's affair, Casey partied for a month rather than told anyone that her daughter was missing. Instead of Scott boating in the lake where his wife's body was found, Caylee was found down the street from Casey's parent's house. Instead of Scott talking about his wife being dead prior to her going missing, Casey searched for chloroform on the computer a month before. But, with Casey there's even more -- there's all of the lies she was caught in, there was the same brand of duck tape found in her home as on Caylee's mouth, there was her mom saying that it smelled like a dead body had been in her car, there was a hair from Caylee's head in the trunk, and probably more that I'm forgetting. So do those people who think Casey was rightfully acquitted based on this evidence, think that the jury made a mistake when it came to Scott? I think the difference from 8 yrs ago when Scott was arrested is that there are even more crime shows that make people think they have to have - as I said before - a videotape, DNA, confession, or witness to convict someone. I think that without these, the jurors didn't want it on their conscience of sending Casey to death row. But for me, all of these "coincidences" lined up together IS proof. We're not talking about one or two things. . .poor Caylee didn't get to see her third birthday but her mom is, no doubt, going to go right back to partying once she gets out.
Thankfully, enough people despise her that I don't think it's possible for her to have a good life once she is free, however since she's a sociopath she's not going to care - she'll think that she has the last laugh (and make money on the story) and no doubt go on to have another child. :( Maybe it'll be like OJ and she'll end up arrested for something else. I just hope it's not relating to her next child.
Anyway. . .today, Wednesday, July 6 I decided to get another massage. Today was the first time I've felt the nesting impulse. I went through Logan's old clothes and picked out the ones that his sister can wear, got out all of his other old items that I'll be using again, got the nursery all ready, and brought out the swing. So our house is set! Too bad we have to get it on the market in August. We are having two realtors come over on Friday to do a market analysis, then we'll paint and get a POD.
We'll see if what I wrote in my last post is accurate as far as TOMORROW possibly being the equivalent day to Logan rather than this past Sunday. You know, I DID have Logan on a Friday (and I think I got pregnant on a Friday) whereas this time I think I got pregnant on a Thursday. . .:p








Okay, that pica stuff is weird. I'm really interested.....did you just come up with wanting to eat carpet in your head, or did you see carpet and think, "Wow, that looks so delicious!"
ReplyDeleteI'm cracking up with your comment, LOL, because it's so true. It is crazy - yes I looked at my carpet and thought, I feel like cutting off a slab and chewing on it! Then I thought about going to a carpet store and getting a slab before I realized that was a terrible idea and I do not want to eat carpet! Same thing with the toilet paper and lint from the dryer. Yeah...another reason to have this baby soon! :p
ReplyDeleteI hope she arrives soon. I haven't been following the Casey Anthony case that closely, but I do believe she is guilty. Keep avoiding stuff that isn't food. It definitely isn't good for you!
ReplyDelete