Saturday, June 11, 2011

I got my new lens!

Two years ago (on my other blog in 2009) I wrote about finally pursuing my life-long-interest in photography as a hobby. When writing became my "job" after I left broadcasting in 2006 to write a couple of manuscripts, and I became a paid freelance writer in 2008, I needed something else to do for fun in my free time as an escape/stress reliever. Pictures have been my most prized possession since before the age of ten. I prefer savoring the moments in life - and what captures those qualities better than photographs? Needless to say, it wasn't hard to choose my new hobby.

In my post on my other blog (New Hobby - where I wrote about my history), I explained that it usually takes 2-3 yrs to learn the ropes. . .and now I feel that I am there! I've spent the past two years self-teaching (and also taking a couple of classes) until I felt I was ready to purchase my favorite lens, which I have been wanting since I bought my fabulous Canon Rebel XS in July 2009. Today was the day! I'm so excited to see what the Canon 85mm 1.8 can do! If you haven't seen the roughly 300 pics per month that I take on my photosites, you can see just my favorite collection of artsy photographs of Logan from April 2008-December 2010 by clicking here:
Collection Of Artsy Photographs (April 2008-December 2010)
But there's only so much you can do without the proper lenses, flashes, tripods, etc. The lens I bought today will be sufficient for me for quite awhile, as it is best for babies/children/close ups -- which is all I care about with my baby girl coming!

Here are 3 photos I took with the new lens I bought today:
Can't wait to take MANY more!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new lens. I am so bad about taking photos. I always get distracted by other things.

    ReplyDelete