Monday, June 6, 2011

Easy Beef Enchiladas

I had planned on posting my update today, but I am bordering on catching a cold that Joe's had the past week (my throat has hurt yesterday and today) and after a bad night (unrelated to my throat, related all to pregnancy!) I have been spending most of Logan's first day/week of his three-days-a-week-at-preschool sleeping! So, instead, I will post this recipe that's not even really a recipe (more like just throwing things together)! I used to make this all of the time during Joe & my first three years of marriage (2003-2006) but then took a break until April! It's super easy, as I just got it off of the enchilada sauce can. I didn't have the right tortilla shells when I took the pictures -- usually it makes 10 small enchiladas. Four out of four stars on prep time & easy to make, and three-and-a-half stars on flavor.

Ingredients:

1 lb lean ground beef
2 cans (10 oz each) enchilada sauce (any variety)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (6 oz)
1 package (8.2 oz) flour tortillas (6 inch)

Directions:

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish. In a 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in 3/4 cup of the enchilada sauce and 1 cup of the cheese.

Spoon enchilada filling onto tortillas; roll up and place seam sides down in baking dish.

Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until hot.Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I used to make enchiladas all the time. You can make them with any leftover protein (although my husband objects to fish). They really are easy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds and looks great!! Can I come over? lol

    ReplyDelete