I changed my appt. from this Wednesday to Friday (two days before I officially turn 36 weeks) because Joe's manager offered to let Joe work from home on Fridays!!! In fact, for this week he told Joe he can come home Wed. evening to work from Omaha on Thursday, too -- woo hoo!!!! So Joe will get to join me for the ultrasound.
I'm now having the dilation pain every day and I had a second day of more of the light leakage of amniotic fluid that I blogged about last time, so we'll see what everything shows on Friday!
I forgot to mention that at my last appt. my blood pressure was 112 over something so it's gone up a little. Baby's heartbeat was 145 as usual.
Logan still gives his sister hugs and kisses (i.e. my tummy) every day on his own. He's also excited that we washed and installed her carseat next to him in the backseat of our car. Until now he's always ridden in the middle, but now is behind the driver.
Since my update last Thursday. . .on Friday, June 17 Joe arrived home at 7:30 so it was good to see my hubby again after five days apart! Logan didn't even act phased. He was looking for a toy when Joe walked in so he just looked up and said, "Do you know where it is?"I was exhausted (as usual these days) so I went to bed an hour or two later. On Saturday, June 18 we went to my friend Andrea's daughter (Ashton)'s first birthday party. Logan enjoyed playing with Ashton's brother Drew and eating the cake!
When we left at 3 pm I looked at my phone and my dad had texted me at 2:05 with the news about Grandma. :( The rest of the day was lazy, as Joe and I watched a movie but otherwise that was it.
Sunday, June 19 was Father's Day! Here is a link to the post I wrote on Joe's first Father's Day: Happy Father's Day! as well as his second: Lots of Firsts! and The J-Month for his third. This year (his fourth) we went to the public pool (where Joe got in free)!


After 8 years of living here it was our first time (and sadly probably our last). We tried to go last year but went to the wrong one (a members only pool that we weren't allowed into). It was a neat place and Logan had a blast. He didn't need his swimmers this year, Joe just swam around with him in the big pool as well as the kid area where there was a little slide, and Logan even went down the adult slide with Joe! 

I wished that I had a maternity swimsuit but there was no point in me buying one for one occasion since I doubt the opportunity to go swimming will come up again before the baby is here. So I just dipped my feet in. It was still a lot of fun for me, though! (Although I got those brown sun spots on my face for the second time that I mentioned I got last month - a pregnancy thing.)Before we'd even planned to go to the pool, Logan had given Joe swim trunks, a tank top, and towel as his gift because Joe hasn't had real swimming trunks in 7 yrs! We also gave him two new hoses for the yard since our current hoses aren't working anymore.
Joe headed back to Iowa at 4:30. So far this week has been the same as far as Logan is concerned (doesn't act any different about Joe being gone - doesn't even want to talk to him on the phone) but I'm ready to be a family again! Although one day Logan picked up an old book of mine to read to him before bed called, Daddy Doesn't Live Here Anymore!
He thought he heard the garage door last night so he excitedly said, "Daddy's home!"; I had to remind him about Joe's new job and that he's living in Iowa now. Logan said, "But what about us?" So I reminded him that we'll be moving there soon, too. I could tell that Joe really enjoyed spending time with him over the weekend.
On Monday, June 20 Logan went to preschool. It's always cute when I pick him up, his face lights up and he yells "Mommmy!" and runs to me to give me a hug. At home he'll run over to me and say, "I like you a lot and a lot!"
I sure hope at his next preschool they will give me detailed reports of his days. Miss Michelle did great with that, but ever since Miss Hannah has taken her place (over a month) I get nothing more than what Gail used to say - simply, "He had a good day."
At least his early naptime there has never been a problem as far as him still taking his nap here at 2 or 3 pm. Today he was back to his 3.5 hrs so that was nice since he woke up at 6:15 this morning! I'm giving his 8:30 bedtime one more shot tonight but if he keeps waking up early then I'm going back to 9:30! (He slept til 8 am on Sat and Sun, though, despite continuing to put him down at 8:30 pm.)
I forgot to mention awhile back that one day we were leaving La Petite and in the parking lot there was a cute little boy who shouted, "Bye, Logan!" as he smiled and waved. I asked Logan what his name was and he said, "Thomas." Now when I ask him about his days, he tells me when he plays with Thomas. :-)
The class has changed a bit since he started in March, I'm not really sure of all of the kids who are there, but I can tell there are more girls. Apparently he likes a girl named Lexie but informed me that "Shelby is always angry." When I picked him up on Monday, Logan was making the coolest thing out of magnet blocks and Shelby scoweled and knocked it down. I thought maybe Logan was going to get upset but Logan did not seem surprised that she did that.
His latest thing is to tell me that he is a big boy every day. A few months ago I wrote here how he told me that he was still little. . .however, now he insists he is not little anymore and is growing TALL. He expects to be treated as such!
Thankfully, he's been good during our "days without Daddy," other than last Wednesday and this morning. Today, Tuesday, June 21 he woke up in a crabby mood and continued to be until we met Brooke and Kaelyn for our final playdate with them. Since then he's been as sweet as can be. (Also, knock on wood, he hasn't peed on the floor since last week so hopefully that weird phase is over.)
Brooke had a free pass to Lauritzen Gardens so that's where we went this afternoon and then for lunch to King Kong (an Omaha burger place that I'd only been to once before). I forgot the stroller so I was worried Logan might not enjoy it since all that's there are flowers -- but he did great walking around for almost two hrs! He thought they were pretty and then when we got into the car he said, "That was a fun place." I love that he just seems to love going anywhere with me! I'm going to miss our days once he goes to kindergarten in two years -- I'm glad I'll always have the summers!!!!Last night was our first tornado of 2011. Usually storms and tornadoes don't scare me, Joe always jokes that I'm too nonchalant when sirens go off, but last night I was nervous after this season's devastating tornadoes in the other states. And, I've never been by myself during one before! Logan, the dogs, and I went to the basement and sat under the pool table for awhile. The tornado passed quickly without any devastation and Logan did well -- he said, "We'll be okay, Mommy." (Here he is under our pool table.)
At one point during the night I woke up scared not because of the weather but because I stopped breathing or something! Every time I started to drift back off to sleep I was jerked awake because of this. It was a HORRIBLE feeling. I have no idea what was going on.Otherwise, I've been feeling okay pregnancy-wise this past week. Have only had one more swelling day since the ONE time I had it in April. It was kind of funny, I'd been at the computer for awhile and then went to take a shower. My feet felt weird so I looked down and my right one was double the size of my left foot! I'm guessing it was the way I was sitting.
Tonight we had macaroni & cheese for supper -- I can finally eat it again! That was my one food aversion during this pregnancy. Even though my morning sickness was just weeks 8-14, I still could not eat mac and cheese until now!
I put away another maternity shirt so I'm now at 5 shirts and 4 pants. I decided to return the dress I bought, as it wasn't as great when I got home :(
My summer nursing shirt arrived, though, as well as some nursing pjs!

I also bought Baby Girl some pink sheets :-)
I can't believe I will be meeting her soon. Before long I won't have to pee every 10 minutes, LOL! It's funny because even Logan notices. We'll be somewhere and I'll have to use the restroom and he's like, "AGAIN?!"I imagine that she's going to look the same as Logan -- just female! He still gets strangers stopping him to remark about what a nice complexion he has (as he has since birth), and several people have commented they hope she'll have the same eyes -- I think both of those are nearly guaranteed since both Joe and I looked just like him! I'll be interested in her adult hair color, though. When I married Joe I used to always talk about how my kids were going to be so lucky because they would have Joe's beautiful color and texture. We just assumed it was dominant! But apparently not, since Logan took after mine (brown and fine instead of jet black and thick). BTW, I learned over New Year's that my paternal grandfather had wavy hair like Logan so THAT'S where he got it (we'd been trying to figure it out since his first curls after he was a year old).
Well anyway, chances are by this time next month I'll have an actual picture of her to post here! In the meantime, I'll post the ultrasound picture this Friday!!!! :-)
Here are the two posts I wrote at this point of my pregnancy with Logan:
I Had The Baby (Just Kidding, April Fool's)
Getting Close!








I am so sorry for your loss! It sounds like you have had a good first week alone. Each week brings you one week closer to baby time and together time.
ReplyDelete