Owe, owe, owe. That's all I can say here at 3:30 am. I first woke up a couple of hours ago with HORRIBLE heartburn so I went downstairs and had some milk which allowed me to fall back asleep, but then I woke up again a few minutes ago with heartburn again and this time I also kept having sharp pains in my abdomen that made me feel like I should move around for a bit. So I drank some more milk and here I am.
I had no idea heartburn hurt this much. I've heard a ton of pregnant women complain over the years but thankfully that was one ailment I didn't really have with Logan. But, as I've mentioned on this blogsite, this pregnancy has been a different story.
I'm beginning to rethink my stance on this pregnancy being easier than my last. Nausea-wise I have been free since Monday which makes 6 days (previously the longest I went since it began in week 8 was 5 days) so that is reason to say Hallelujah. (Today starts week 14 and my mom will be happy to know that I didn't need to drink any Coke last week.) But I had my worst week of fatigue. If you've been staying up to date then you know that I haven't had much of the common pregnant woman fatigue. But this past week - ugh - it was bad. I practically stayed in bed all day, every day! I felt so lazy which I hate, but it was better than nausea. Heck, as much as this heartburn kills, it's better than nausea, too!
Yesterday I began to feel some energy coming back so I hope that this week is more productive. I need to get back on the eliptical because the weight on me is really weighing me down (duh). I know it doesn't look like a lot when you look at my belly pics (link to comparison pics to Logan on the left column), but all I can say is that it feels like a lot and obviously I'm just going to get bigger. I just feel so incredibly unhealthy which is how I felt while pregnant with Logan but this time all of my aches and pains are so much sooner. (Although I've eaten healthier in this pregnancy - one day for supper all I wanted was an entire sack of brocoli, another day an entire sack of corn, and every day last week I had to have a salad.) Even Joe is like "you're moving around like you did in your third trimester." That's because I feel like I'm already in my third trimester! Not good.
When I was pregnant with Logan I felt that my body was not going to last until 40 weeks and I was right, he was 25 days early. That feeling is even stronger this time. I just really hope he/she doesn't come out until 36 weeks so they are not premature. My 36th week starts on June 26 so anytime from then on Baby should be okay, especially if they are a girl. Come on Andrea, hang in there five more months. . .
-------------
As you've probably noticed, at the end of each post since my first ultrasound, I've been linking (in order) the posts I wrote at each stage while pregnant with Logan. So, here is the one next in line. It's actually a couple of weeks early but since I'm on a quicker schedule this time it seems more applicable now: Started Showing At 16.5 Weeks
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment