Monday, January 17, 2011

Good Weekend

Well after my last post I continued to feel sick throughout the week. It was my most days in a row of this pregnancy. I threw up for the 4th time last Tuesday and didn't feel better until Thursday night. Then, around 8 pm I suddenly felt great! I stayed up later than I have been just because I was able to be productive for the first time all week. I continued not to have any nausea Friday thru Sunday (thus the title of this post), and hadn't had any this morning (Monday) either -- so imagine my surprise when I had a bowl of Raisin Bran for breakfast and the next thing I know it all came up. :(

This was the only time Logan has witnessed it. The first time he'd been in another room, oblivious, the second time he was at his babysitter's house, the third time he was napping, and the fourth time he was at his babysitter's house again. But it didn't seem to phase him, he acted like it happens every day! (He's only thrown up once in his life -- due to laughing & hiccuping after eating, so I had expected him to wonder what the heck I was doing but he continued to happily play.)

Needless to say, it's been a lazy day but thankfully my nausea has been a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10. I'm in my 13th week and now need maternity clothes every day (so I'm going shopping tomorrow), and as of this past weekend you can now tell I'm pregnant in clothing! What they say is true about showing sooner in your second pregnancy, this is the stage I was at a month from now (4 months)! (Strangers couldn't tell until my 6th month; I think that will happen at 4 this time.) But I'm glad that this is proof that I'm heading toward the end!

My sinus' have now started acting up this week, too. I never usually notice my sinus' but I remember this happened while pregnant with Logan and I read that it's very common for pregnancies in the winter. I also notice my gums & teeth are sensitive while I brush which I also remember from before.

My back hasn't bothered me since that freak moment a week ago and my hunger seems to be decreasing which is the opposite of my second trimester last time but I'm not complaining since I've already gained 7 lbs! (Same as I had with Logan at this point.) I had been having to eat something every hour so as to not get nauseated but the past few days I feel I've been eating normally again. Although, I'm still pickier during this pregnancy than with Logan. When I get hungry I can only have whatever it is that comes to my mind and doesn't make me feel ill or else just the thought of anything else makes me start gagging. I finally feel like maybe I can start cooking again, as the past several weeks just being in the kitchen makes me feel sick -- let alone preparing anything. I've also had to drink coke during this pregnancy which I refrained from with Logan cuz of the caffeine and it obviously doesn't contain any nutrients, but on the days when I'm nauseous I feel like I have to drink it and it does make me feel better for awhile. Thankfully, I read that one a day is considered fine especially since I never drink coffee or have any other forms of caffeine (not eating as much chocolate as I did when I wasn't pregnant).

I just hope that everything is okay with Baby (who I am now convinced again is a girl). I've had "pinches" in that area every now and then which I didn't have with Logan so it always catches me off guard when it happens and makes me wonder what is causing it. I do remember learning last time that some women have Braxton Hicks as early as this point. I had thought maybe I could have had them in the last two weeks of my first pregnancy, but I was never really confident I actually ever did (those last two weeks I referred to a discomfort in that area as "braxton hicks thingies"). So maybe this new feeling is the real BH's, or just my uterus stretching or the nerves there, as other women have reported this on message boards.

Last week I also started getting heart palpitations which first started for me in March 2009 shortly after I stopped breastfeeding Logan and lasted for a few months but stopped until the end of Summer 2010. I was all ready to go to the doctor on Nov 15 to get a complete physical and make sure my heart was okay, but that was the week Logan was sick and couldn't go to his babysitter's so I ended up canceling (it would have been crazy if I'd gone cuz they probably would have told me there that I was pregnant since I found out the next day!) I hadn't experienced any palpitations since our Chicago trip back in October, but now I've had it happen approx. 4 times in the last week. I read that it does happen to pregnant women due to increased blood flow and hormones which are harmless, but it can also signal something more serious, so I'll be mentioning it to Dr. S when I see her next Thursday (the 27th)!

Despite those things, my mood has improved this week and I've gotten my life back in order since finding out I was pregnant and the holidays, etc. so I finally feel I can start making plans again with the land of the living -- playdates, etc!

In other good news, there were two births last week! My childhood friend Beth had a beautiful baby girl (Peyton) last Monday (the 10th), and Joe's nephew's wife had their third baby (a second son, named Jackson) on Thursday (the 13th). Both moms and babies are doing excellent. Congrats to the families!

I'll leave you with the post I wrote at this stage while pregnant with Logan: Morning Sickness Still In The Second Trimester

No comments:

Post a Comment