Recently I made HOMEMADE BREAD! This was a huge deal for me! If you've followed my blog then you know that I'm not a chef, so I was proud of myself. :-) Of course, it helped that my mother-in-law gave me a bread machine for Christmas a couple of years ago. I highly recommend Oster 58-Minute Expressbake Breadmaker!
When I first started celebrating Christmas with my husband's family, I learned right away that it was tradition to have Joe's mom's friend (Sue)'s cheese bread every year. OMG -- sooooooooooooooooo good! (It goes with any meal.) When I left their house I couldn't wait to come back and eat it again next year and the year after, etc! Finally, I did the unthinkable: I asked for the recipe! Sue said that with a bread machine it is not that difficult, but it took me two years (3 weeks ago) to gain the courage to make it. It came out EXCELLENT! Now I don't have to wait until once a year to eat it. . .I am making it again tomorrow! One-and-a-half stars on prep time, two-and-a-half stars on easy to make, and four stars on flavor.
Cheese BreadIngredients
1 1/4 cup plus 1 TBS of water
1 TBS vegetable oil (or 1 TBS apple sauce)
1/2 cup molasses
1 tsp salt
3 cups bread flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 pkg dry yeast or if using a bread maker, 2 1/3 tsp bread machine yeast
Use the dough setting on the machine and, when it's done, remove from the machine and knead until the bubbles stop popping. Roll out the dough and put 1/4 large box of Velveeta cut into 3/4 inch cubes onto top. Roll up dough, shape into loaf, and place into greased loaf pan. Let it rise.

Do I even need to say enjoy?!








mmmmmmmm, Andrea, you can't keep teasing me like this! lol I wish I could reach through this screen right now!!! Looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds delicious. I bet it would be wonderful with different types of cheeses.
ReplyDeleteLooks delicious! Congrats on the baking :)
ReplyDelete