Friday, October 21, 2011

Not Quite Yet...

We haven't been able to get internet in our new house so that's why I haven't returned to blogging yet after all :( I'm writing this on my phone - and am not addicted to my phone like I am to my computer so this is not pleasant which means it'll be quick.

The internet/tv/phone guy came out Mon and informed us that because we're the first house on the street there is no line...and no plans to get one, sorry, check back in 6 months. Uh, 6 months? Honestly, I haven't minded the no TV...despite my attempt to watch the new shows this fall, that failed for obvious reasons (I've been missingpeeing all ofthe them theto past coupe5 of weeksthe so I'll just wait til netflix, that seems my best bet these days).

***WHAT THE HECK? I was reading this after I posted and saw my phone auto corrected me by totally changing my sentence. I miss my computer...what I said was that I've been missing all of them the past couple of weeks. No I do not miss peeing, I pee regularly, thanks.*** (If you want a laugh, check out http://damnyouautocorrect.com)

My cell has obviously been enough as far as phone even though we've always had a landline, too. But internet???? Aside from Joe who needs it to log in to work from home, I can't go 6 months :p (See earlier sentence about being addicted.) So Joe has been looking at our options and thinks he's found another one. We're getting Direct TV tomorrow so that takes care of that, and there's something next week that might work for phone and internet. So I'll hope to return next week.

In the meantime, I'm glad I've been passing the vet clinic here every day since moving in exactly a week ago, because Bella has been peeing blood yesterday and today so I'm taking her in tomorrrow. :( Will update everything else whenever I'm back online.

2 comments:

  1. I believe I can somehow use my android phone to broadcast a wireless signal (to use on my laptop). If you have an unlimited data plan, that might be an option. Cell service is much slower than wireless or DSL, but it's better than nothing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing Kendra does. I use my phone to tether my computer (I don't do it wirelessly because Verizon charges for that :(. Good luck with getting Internet. I can't stand to be without.

    ReplyDelete