Friday, May 20, 2011

WTH?!

So Joe tried to catch his boss all day today to give 3 weeks notice and then when he finally saw him at 5:30, his boss flagged him into his office and said, "Just wanted to let you know we've been talking about how you're our top guy and so we want to give you this promotion [insert title]. What do you think?"

Joe closed the door to the office and said, "Well, actually, I was coming in here to tell you that I've been offered another job and accepted."

His boss was like, "No! We can't lose you! Let me see what I can do."

Joe told him 3 times that he already accepted, that with the baby being on the way we'll be closer to family, etc. His boss said that he wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't talk to HR about it and get back to him.

So Joe didn't even get the chance to tell him when he starts or what the salary is. He came home and his boss called him at 6:30 with the HR person as well and said, "Effective immediately you'd have the promotion [i.e. new position] and a $10K increase in salary." (For those that don't remember, Joe's new job is a $8K increase.)

Joe got off the phone and said, "I'm depressed."

I'm depressed, too. GRRRRR.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrea. It looks as though I'm a little behind with the job hunt and all, but I sure do hope that all turns out well. I see that you were looking into moving, with some beautiful choices in new homes, and now maybe you won't be moving??

    If you have some extra time, you can e-mail me, and I will keep you and your family in prayer. I can only imagine how stressed you all must feel with a baby so close to being born and having to deal with new homes and jobs.

    I think of you often, and hope that other than this stressful decision making, you're healthy and having an easy pregnancy.

    Lots of love....

    ReplyDelete