There were actually protesters about this because some people wanted Ryan Gosling. Really - protesters? I'm serious - they were standing outside the magazine's building holding signs and covering their faces with masks that looked like Ryan. Hilarious!!!! (You can read more here.) Ryan Gosling is handsome indeed, but I agree with this year's pick!
2010 was Ryan Reynolds who is nice on the eyes but there's something that's always been missing for me to choose him as my heartthrob. I need more than just a face, they need to have a certain vibe (it's hard to describe, but Bradley has it).2009 was Johnny Depp. A lot of you ladies agree. . .but I have never found him attractive.
2008 was Hugh Jackman. . .nah.
2007 was Matt Damon, Joe's choice for Sexiest Man Alive LOL. . .but not mine.
2006 was George Clooney. . .maybe if I was 20 years older. :p
2005 was Matthew McConaughey. . he makes me laugh but not swoon.
2004 was Jude Law. . .not my type.
2003 was Johnny Depp. . .see 2009.
2002 was Ben Affleck. . .I did agree with this one as I do like him.
2001 was Pierce Brosnan. . .see answer for George Clooney.
2000 was Brad Pitt. I was one of the few females that year who was not a Brad Pitt-lover.
1999 was Richard Geere. . .maybe if I was THIRTY years older. . .
1998 was Harrison Ford. . .see previous answer.
1997 was George Clooney. . .repeat.
1996 was Denzel Washington. . .he's older than my type, too (especially since I was 16 at the time of this publication).
1995 was Brad Pitt. . .see 2000.
There wasn't one for 1994 or 1993 (Really? Out of all of the good looking men out there, People has to repeat stars as well as skip some years?)
1992 was Nick Nolte. . .okay I certainly can't be in the minority on this one. . .Nick Nolte?!
1991 was Patrick Swayze. . .I will give them this one. Even though I was 11 at the time, I could appreciate his attractiveness and especially now that I'm 31 and he was 39 at the time of this publication. Fabulous actor, RIP.
1990 was Tom Cruise. . .I did agree as he was one of the only "older" actors that I found attractive (I was 10 at the time of this publication). Despite his crazy years, I still do think he is very nice on the eyes.
1989 was Sean Connery. Apparently I don't go for guys passed their thirties because I gotta say nope.
1988 was John F Kennedy Jr. . .oh yes for sure.
1987 was Harry Hamlin. . .not my type.
1986 was Mark Harmon. . .not my type, either.
1985 was the first cover as Mel Gibson. I had no idea he was the first. It is hard to see past the stuff from the past few years. Maybe, by looking at his picture, I would have agreed if I hadn't been five at the time of publication. :p
But overall, it looks like I only agreed with a total of five (including this year's) of People's 25 selections. (I mentioned Bradley Cooper on my other blog last November when I received the Versatile Blog Award.) So this was the first year that I bought this issue (last Wed). Happy








You are so funny!! I have to agree with you. It takes a lot more than the face, there needs to be a certain vibe....... or maybe an awesome personality!! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm quite a bit older than you and I tend to agree with the older picks. I love Mark Harmon and Pierce Brosnan. Mel Gibson was definitely cute in his younger years (before the crazy appeared).
ReplyDelete